Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"I love you"- who usually says it first?

tastyt

A couple of threads here made me wonder- Who usually says it first? Guys or girls? Who feels it first?

I would be so scared to be the first one to utter those words! But it's never been an issue because the guy has always said it to me first, before I even felt that way.

From stories I've heard it seems like this is usually the way it goes...

i said it first when i was with my bf... something i read or saw on the news scared me and i guess it made me realize how fragile life is... it made me see how things tomorrow aren't promised and i decided that even if he didn't say it back or feel the same way, at least i'd know that i said it...

and i did it and it was probably the scariest thing ever but i'm glad i did it cause he was really scared to tell me and it just worked out...

:unhappy: i hate when i recall the sappiness...

i think usually the ladies feel it first, but the guys say it first...

IMO... I know i would rather be the first one saying it rather then the first one hearing it. just my feelings... thats like one of the hardest things to do... cause you have to time it so right because you dont want to say it and not mean it, or mean it and not have the person reciprocate... i think thats just crushing... what do you do tasty?

Originally posted by dgmodel

i think usually the ladies feel it first, but the guys say it first...

IMO... I know i would rather be the first one saying it rather then the first one hearing it. just my feelings... thats like one of the hardest things to do... cause you have to time it so right because you dont want to say it and not mean it, or mean it and not have the person reciprocate... i think thats just crushing... what do you do tasty?

Ugggh, the first time it happened, I said "I really like you... a lot." Poor guy. Well I was 15, what do you expect? Since then, I just smile, and give the guy a big lingering hug. For one thing, we don't have to look at each other during that awkward moment. But it hasn't been so bad because I did fall in love with them eventually, so when I finally did say it to them it meant more; there was no doubt that maybe I was just saying it just because they already had.

Originally posted by tastyt

MIKEY! What have I told you about laughing at your own jokes??? :blank:

:laugh: babe its the guys, sadly. I am too afraid to say it because I fear the rejection I may get from them. However I do know that when they say and we give them a weird look and don't say it back they feel just as rejected. I hope that I can look past feeling insecure about that and be able to say it when I feel it regardless if the guy says it first or not..