Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OT: Helping someone with a problem

SPYGIRL3

How do you help someone who needs some sort of help, even if it's just talking to someone, who won't get it or doesn't think they need it??? I can only do so much, I am no professional, but I will listen till my ears bleed and try to be there:blank: But if you can see someone that knows there is a problem, even in the slighest, but doesn't think it's a big deal, what do you do???

Unfortunately, family and friends can all see this, and we just wanna help. With the exception of myself and 1 other person, he feels like people are boxing him into a corner. I don't wanna see him do a downward spiral, especially since he is so much better than that. It's very hard to hear his side than everybody else's version, because I really can't say either way with out breaking confidence:confused:

I care a lot about the individual, as do all others concerned, but he doesn't see it that way. I know people who have been in similar situations, but that still doesn't make me an expert by any means... I don't wanna see him hurt himself:worry:

Any suggesstions would be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

How do you help someone who needs some sort of help, even if it's just talking to someone, who won't get it or doesn't think they need it??? I can only do so much, I am no professional, but I will listen till my ears bleed and try to be there:blank: But if you can see someone that knows there is a problem, even in the slighest, but doesn't think it's a big deal, what do you do???

Unfortunately, family and friends can all see this, and we just wanna help. With the exception of myself and 1 other person, he feels like people are boxing him into a corner. I don't wanna see him do a downward spiral, especially since he is so much better than that. It's very hard to hear his side than everybody else's version, because I really can't say either way with out breaking confidence:confused:

I care a lot about the individual, as do all others concerned, but he doesn't see it that way. I know people who have been in similar situations, but that still doesn't make me an expert by any means... I don't wanna see him hurt himself:worry:

Any suggesstions would be greatly appreciated

Have you told him you think he should seek professional help? Or is that what everyone else has told him, and that's why he feel like they are boxing him in? If you haven't, maybe he'll take it better coming from you and the other person he feels comfortable around; maybe you two should get together and have a small intervention of sorts.

Good luck; I've been in your position one too many times. :( I hope your friend turns out ok.

Originally posted by tastyt

Have you told him you think he should seek professional help? Or is that what everyone else has told him, and that's why he feel like they are boxing him in? If you haven't, maybe he'll take it better coming from you and the other person he feels comfortable around; maybe you two should get together and have a small intervention of sorts.

Good luck; I've been in your position one too many times. :( I hope your friend turns out ok.

That's what everyone else keeps telling him...He doesn't have any screws loose, no more than the rest of us, but I think he is just confused about stuff and doesn't know how to deal with it. He always says talking to makes him feel better, so I think he just need to explain the way he feels to someone that can figure out what's going on. He's got a lot going for him, I don't wanna see him end up somewhere he doesn't belong.

i would go out with him/her for a couple drinks and be like, whats up... if the drinks/drugs is the problem... then the more you tell them not to the more they will... you have to have them step outside themselves in order to see the problem and then be able to fix it... see its like when you get into an accident its hard to see what the damage is until you got out and looked... well for it her him she, to see what she has done to itself they have to be somehow taken out of the situation and look from the outside in as opposed to the inside out... i dont know if ths makes sense but i cant really explain it... Good LUCK! let us know what happends.