Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Corny tracks

vicman

Saw this question on another board and since I couldnt get "cookie dough dynamo" off my head yesterday, i'll ask you all, what are some of the corny tracks that youve heard when youve gone out?

some of mine:

the percolator

answering machine

cookie dough dynamo

the percolator was a Baltimore club favorite long ago. I fucking hated that song. It wasn't till recently that I found out that it was by Green Velvet, which I thought was pretty funny since I like Green Velvet.

Originally posted by Kuro

the percolator was a Baltimore club favorite long ago. I fucking hated that song. It wasn't till recently that I found out that it was by Green Velvet, which I thought was pretty funny since I like Green Velvet.

green velvet comes out with some wack-ass sh*t...isnt "Flash" also his? You know the one that goes "Camera's ready, prepare to flash?" the DT nitrous oxide mix is just surreal

Originally posted by vicman

green velvet comes out with some wack-ass sh*t...isnt "Flash" also his? You know the one that goes "Camera's ready, prepare to flash?" the DT nitrous oxide mix is just surreal

Yeah. I've never heard the original version of Flash, but Maas' mix and Tenaglia's N2O mix are cool. And I love La La Land. I thought Answering Machine was a funny song.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Kernkraft400.... it was corny when it came it, and it's still corny now. And they still play it everytime I go to a mainstream club to promote, and ya know what, everyone there still thinks it's so hot... :puke:

zombie nation :blown:

Green Velvet remixed the track for 2000. Green Velvet used to produce under the name DJ Cajmere.......the original percolator was released way back in 92' and was a huge hit in the hip-hop clubs! Did you know it has it's own dance.........it's fawking nuts to watch people actually do the "percolator!" The ladies get crazy. When I was in cancun in 98' I actually witnessed a "percolator" contest.

My fav cheezy track is that housy "sunshine" track, I don't actually know what it's called? Howells always drops it. Call me crazy but I have a special place in my heart for cheezy tracks...........

Another cheezy tracks I love:

Chasing the Sun by Planet Funk

I feel Stereo by Dino Lenny

Originally posted by vicman

actually that is a nice track...depending on the remix that u have of it...i like the dt remix as well...also the timo maas mix

:bounce:

CD

Originally posted by joeygk

I guess I can see how I Feel Stereo may be considered Corny, but I dig it. The new mix of it is not corny and is nice and I have no idea who's remix it is.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Kernkraft400.... it was corny when it came it, and it's still corny now. And they still play it everytime I go to a mainstream club to promote, and ya know what, everyone there still thinks it's so hot... :puke:

i agree with you..anything with SIRENS AND WHISTLES..and derb...razor and guido i forget the track...

cheese was in a few years ago though ....esp in new york..it died down thank god

CD

Originally posted by chynado11

i agree with you..anything with SIRENS AND WHISTLES..and derb...razor and guido i forget the track...

cheese was in a few years ago though ....esp in new york..it died down thank god

CD

ocassional cheeze is Ok, but it has to be good, tastefull cheese, not rancid, supermarket bought, ultra-processed pre-digested cheese.....hmmmmm which leads me to another question....and I'll post it up....

Originally posted by joeygk

Green Velvet remixed the track for 2000. Green Velvet used to produce under the name DJ Cajmere.......the original percolator was released way back in 92' and was a huge hit in the hip-hop clubs! Did you know it has it's own dance.........it's fawking nuts to watch people actually do the "percolator!" The ladies get crazy. When I was in cancun in 98' I actually witnessed a "percolator" contest.

My fav cheezy track is that housy "sunshine" track, I don't actually know what it's called? Howells always drops it. Call me crazy but I have a special place in my heart for cheezy tracks...........

Another cheezy tracks I love:

Chasing the Sun by Planet Funk

LMAO that's so true about the dance... would you believe... they still play that track on random Tuesdays at 1223 and one of the regulars there is just a true talent at the percolator dance lmao :laugh2: It's really kinda amusing to watch!