Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Graphic Design Job

lizard23

Does anybody in the DC or Baltimore area know of any places that are hiring graphic designers full time? My current job sucks ass and I really need to find something much more creative (not having much luck on monster or looking through the papers.) If anybody knows of anything, please let me know when you have a chance. Much appreciated guys - take care!

Originally posted by lizard23

Does anybody in the DC or Baltimore area know of any places that are hiring graphic designers full time? My current job sucks ass and I really need to find something much more creative (not having much luck on monster or looking through the papers.) If anybody knows of anything, please let me know when you have a chance. Much appreciated guys - take care!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but graphic design jobs are few and far between these days. And the ones that do have openings, you'd better have an incredible portfolio to even get your foot in the door. If you look at what pushed graphic designers into high demand the past few years, it was web site design and advertising. Both of which are the firsts to get their budgets slashed in a slow economy. So I would say stay tight at your current job. At least until the economy gets better and people start spending on advertising again. A good buddy of mine is a very talented graphics designer. Been doing it for over ten years. Served as a marketing manager for a few companies. And it took him 6 months to find a new job. And even then, it's a contracting position.