Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OOoooOOOO

chynado11

if you really like and apprerciate art and are convinced of its value, then you made the correct choice. what is it?

if youve seen other things similar to the thing you bought and know the mkt value of it and $350 is a good price for it, then you made the right choice in gettng it.

its a painitng of a crane with asian geishas and men...on a gold background with lots of neutral tone colors but yet vibrant colors in it..it folds into 3 sections...and unfolds just the same..its like 35 years old...but this auction obviously wasnt for the rich and famous or my ass wouldnt have been there LOL

Originally posted by chynado11

its a painitng of a crane with asian geishas and men...on a gold background with lots of neutral tone colors but yet vibrant colors in it..it folds into 3 sections...and unfolds just the same..its like 35 years old...but this auction obviously wasnt for the rich and famous or my ass wouldnt have been there LOL

you gotta point there, but from the description it seems that it is a nice painting, so maybe you did make the right decision in getting it..of course if you were loaded with $$$ then $325 would be peanuts and you wouldnt think that much about the $$ spent, but it would still be a beautiful painting

I just bought and splurged on a piece of asian art at this auction earlier...i spent 385 bucks...and i cant return it..dont get me wrong i love the piece of art its gorgeous but my obsession got the best of me...

did i make the right choice??

:bounce:

CD

From your description it sounds beautiful. It's something you'll have for the rest of your life........think of it as an investment. If it makes you feel any better, I just dropped close to $300 dollars on Fendi sunglasses. (Now that is a waste b/c in the next 6 months I'll either loose them, or they'll go out of style!) :blown:

Originally posted by joeygk

From your description it sounds beautiful. It's something you'll have for the rest of your life........think of it as an investment. If it makes you feel any better, I just dropped close to $300 dollars on Fendi sunglasses. (Now that is a waste b/c in the next 6 months I'll either loose them, or they'll go out of style!) :blown:

awww joey you and vic have def made me feel better.. can be sarcastic but very positive on the other hand, as for the sunglasses im there with you on the fashion, thats yet another problem i have, i posted it on the nyc board though lol..fendi sunglasses im sure will never go outta style, but just dont loose those suckers, i dont think i ever spent that much on sunglasses, take me to a little corner store and ill be fine, and ithought i was bad :blank::D

CD

Well actually they were closer to $200 than $300, but I still spent way too much money. I could buy similar glasses at that lil' kiosk in the mall........2 for $25! I'm a jackass- but I did get a little silk bag and hard enameled case. :rolleyes:

Well actually they were closer to $200 than $300, but I still spent way too much money. I could buy similar glasses at that lil' kiosk in the mall........2 for $25! I'm a jackass- but I did get a little silk bag and hard enameled case. :rolleyes:

i bought my 2 pairs off 7th Ave 'between 30th and 28th Street in Manhattan, $8each woo-hoo...now am I a cheap bastard or what?:D

Originally posted by vicman

i bought my 2 pairs off 7th Ave 'between 30th and 28th Street in Manhattan, $8each woo-hoo...now am I a cheap bastard or what?:D

You better buy two more, b/c youre going to lose them all, stumbling around Ultra in "rare form!"

You better buy two more, b/c youre going to lose them all, stumbling around Ultra in "rare form!"

yeh, that already happened to me with my last pair and I paid dearly, thats why I wnet with cheapo ones this time around. I sometimes take 'em to Buzz with me and I still havent lost 'em, of course WMC, I plan to get plastered beyond anything I've ever been, so I'll be sure to pick up a few more in case of emergency

I just bought and splurged on a piece of asian art at this auction earlier...i spent 385 bucks...and i cant return it..dont get me wrong i love the piece of art its gorgeous but my obsession got the best of me...

CD

yes, i think you made a good decision. . .i really respect that. . .people need to buy more art. . .enough of the electronics and short term consumption. . .as long as you love it, doesnt matter if it cost 50 or 10000 :)

Originally posted by scratchapella

yes, i think you made a good decision. . .i really respect that. . .people need to buy more art. . .enough of the electronics and short term consumption. . .as long as you love it, doesnt matter if it cost 50 or 10000 :)

well thanks scratch...i seem to think ppl should love art too, but music and art come hand and hand dont you think? :) as for joey and vic...bargain shopping is best on those sunglasses :D

Cd

Guest jroo

CD

i would have let you jacked me off for 200 bucks, next time talk to me before you make those money decisions, ok? :)

Originally posted by scratchapella

. . .i really respect that. . .people need to buy more art. . .enough of the electronics and short term consumption. . .as long as you love it, doesnt matter if it cost 50 or 10000 :)

scratch, i agree. chyna, the fact that you bought the damn thing suggests that the painting moved you... if a painting (an artist) can do that through their work, the price to pay for that experience is indefinite and incalculable. you made the right decision. i believe in art more than anything and that brings us closer to our own absolute identity.