Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
kimmr

Why breaks now??

I'm curious why there is so much hype on break beats all of the sudden. I posted about a year and a half ago about breaks on this board and got SLAMMED for it. Don't get me wrong I'm ecstatic that breaks may finally be taking off in NYC. Although I'll really believe it when Rick West or Rob E is spinning in NYC. Peace for now all of my fellow breaks heads!!:D

. . . nobody said word one when I first logged on to the board and started hooting and hollering about breaks and the Bassbin Twins , etc . . . but everything goes in cycles, and there's only so much house one city can take . . . change is good, and hopefully with a rise in Breakbeats, even more innovation and crossovers can happen . . .

. . I'm personally of the opinion that the more you mix it up . . the better it gets . . .

people need to breakdance...right???...i'm gonna start a session at phunk phenomena...a dance school near boston...it's taught by a couple...the girl used to be a pats cheerleader...and they guy is in the floorlords(famous new england crew)...it's 90$ for 10 weeks...and hour a week...but you can go in once for 10 bucks a day...but if you can't seem to get a move down right you can go in a few times without having to pay...i can pop...like waving...i can do like the figure 8 in liquid...few glides..walks...floates...that sorta shit...just to impress or freak someone out for like 5 min...then just leave...i'm killing my ankles doing it so much though...nevermind i'm digressing...peace...:cool:

And here's my list of promo cds that I've heard that rock it from NY's local jocks. All tight and highly recommended.

Bittersweet Breaks-Mike Robinson

Epic Breaks-Mike Robinson

Stomping Grounds-K Swing

Sweet n Nasty 2-DJ Shugga (technically a tape)

Nu-school-Electro-Funk-DJ Shugga

DJ Miss Bliss Breaks CD

CER breaks CD (dunno if it actually has a name sorry)

Here-Sarah Walker & Henry J (more breakbeat garage, but who cares? and technically a tape)

Mixtape: Vol 2-DJ Wool

Frosted Breaks-DJ Infinitee

**I haven't heard any recorded material yet from Royce and Atomik Rage but you can't wrong with any of their works either.

Crap did I forget anybody?