Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This is jroo, signing off...

Guest jroo

Guest jroo

its been fun. ive had a great time with all of you that i have met. i dont know what my problem is. i think that something snapped inside of my fragile little mind tonight. buzz was really cool tonight, expecially since they were showcasing something besides trance or house. im still a jungle brother. i'll always love the music and i'll still dance even when im in the shower, but as of right now its 6 am, maybe im just physco, who knows? like i said, ive had tons of fun!!!!!!! you guys are really great. im thinking that glow will be my last horah! we'll see. maybe i'll just wake up in the morning and realize that im just crazy right now. and no, this isnt a by product of any illegal substances. well, alright then, have a great night, you all got my aim. increase the peace inbetween the sheets. later , party peeps.

I hope you've tried separating clubbing from the drugs. Cause it sounds like you've just have a bad comedown and you're looking to give up totally on the whole clubbing thing. I got to the point where the drugs (well, rolling, particularly) was fun, but the comedown just completely ruined any fun I had the night before. I haven't rolled in a month, and I still enjoy going to Buzz. Actually, I think I enjoy it more. And the past few times I've been to Buzz, I haven't gotten drunk, haven't really been high (ok, couple puffs on the bong). I still stay until the wee hours. And I wake up the next morning, feeling great. A little tired, but mentally great. No cracking out. No hanging over.

Another thing I've been doing more of is going upstairs. Lounging on the couches and listening to the tunes, or just finding someplace less crowded and dancing. Did that at Deep Dish, and it's a helluva lot more relaxing than fighting the crowd.

Partying shouldn't be a chore. And not having to worry about when I'm gonna drop my next pill or how I'm gonna fight through the crowd has given me a whole new appreciation for Buzz and clubbing in general. So if you're burnt out from the drugs and looking for a life changing move, then I say cut back or give up on the drugs first, and try the clubbing without it. It just may prolong your clubbing life. If you still enjoy the music, then try to find some way to keep experiencing the clubs. Cause whether you just lounge around or dance, it still sounds a helluva lot better on the clubs' soundsystems than on your home stereo.

Guest jroo

what i think that happened was that i was trying to find happiness in things that i thought used to make me happy, which really didnt, which i found out again. as for the drugs, we should talk more often, and then you would know that ive only taken two and a half pills since 2000, one and a half being in the past month, the last one about a year ago. so going out with out drugs isnt the problem for me. wanting to get fucked up isnt the problem. the problem is that i dont know what the fucking problem is, thats the only problem that i can see. i feel like im so fucked up in the head that i cant even explain it, yes ive seen professional help, and am currently on prozac to try to straighten this shit out, so hopefully it'll help. thanks for everyone's support! it means a lot to me that some of you care.

:( I understand - I've struggled with depression myself and if going out, for whatever reason, is bringing you down - then yeah, you gotta stop. But that doesn't mean you've got to lose touch with us!

And don't give up on trying to find your happiness. As we all know, you can't find it in a club, in a drug, or even in a sweet honey. You've got to find it in yourself. Time for some soul searching, keep up with the therapy and prozac and lean on us from time to time. I hope you feel better soon and let me know if I can do anything to help!

((hugs))

Ruth

ummmm...and who was at Glow on Saturday?

well I think we all go through these phases, except shady 'cos shady is still shady and the only reason he's gone down on his rolls and shit is because that way he pay more attention to the guys that grind him on the dance floor at velvet nation :D .

anyway, jroo if your getting a bit tired of the partying, do as shady and kuro suggest, either take a mini break from the partying and lower the extra-pre party activities. one thing is for sure, even when your not doing anything at the clubs and go sober but you still party, it like you technically use up the following day recovering sleep wise from the night before and really dont have much time to do anything else.

as for me, i'll still be out there, 'cos my sole reason for being there is the music and dancing the rest are perks.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

If you still enjoy the music, then try to find some way to keep experiencing the clubs. Cause whether you just lounge around or dance, it still sounds a helluva lot better on the clubs' soundsystems than on your home stereo.

except if ur shady, rumor on the street is that he has a Phazon system installed in his house..in fact, Phazon's website lists Germantown, MD as one of the sites their soundsystem is in operation, which makes no sense since they list NY, London, Miami and Germantown, MD...wtf?

o shit, J, you alright? hey man, you know how to reach me if you need anything. i'm here for you as all of us are, you know that right? i think you should take a break if this shit is breaking you, you know, but don't disappear or anything. we are all capable of hangin out outside the club scene. i hope you feel better. peace bro. :shades2:

Hey Jroo, sorry to hear that man. Maybe it is time to take a break - coz if you've reached that stage where things that were once magical are now banal and boring, then its time to change things up a bit. Like everyone else has said, take a break from clubbing but not from friends.

We should have meet-ups (non-clubbing) more often. Sometimes its fun to just get drunk and hang with friends.

Buffalo billiards, anyone??

Originally posted by raver_mania

Buffalo billiards, anyone??

how 'bout Camelot again? :D

Naw, but seriously, I hop you feel better jroo. I Hadnt read your thread until today, which is after Glow and you seemed your normal goofy-self.

I normally dont do much during the week since I have an abnormal bed time (9:30pm) but European club competions (soccer) are about to restart and I usually get together with Zaguero and watch the games at Sommers Bar in Arlington. Your more than welcomed to join us.

Guest jroo

well, today i tried to you know, take a break or whatever, but after i got home from work today, i realized that i didnt have anything to do , besides laundry, dishes, and take out the trash and clean my house. so, i realized that my life is even emptier without all of you guys from clubplanet. :) i am truely sorry that i had some sort of breakdown. i dont know what the fuck happened. so , i guess that i'll still be around, and i'll be happy and upbeat, and trying to tell jokes and to try to brighten up everyone's day. so, im guessing that jroo will be back on-line part time, with plenty of chill time. feel free to call or hang out. i guess that i'll just try to take it down a notch. i mean, don't get me wrong, i'll still party like its 1999. but i'm guessing that i'll chill out some. alright peace, my friends.

Guest jroo
:) i'll drink to that too! thanks! i had soooo much fun at ruth's and even at buzz last friday, i hope to get together soon with all of you again!

Originally posted by jroo

well, today i tried to you know, take a break or whatever, but after i got home from work today, i realized that i didnt have anything to do , besides laundry, dishes, and take out the trash and clean my house. so, i realized that my life is even emptier without all of you guys from clubplanet. :) i am truely sorry that i had some sort of breakdown. i dont know what the fuck happened. so , i guess that i'll still be around, and i'll be happy and upbeat, and trying to tell jokes and to try to brighten up everyone's day. so, im guessing that jroo will be back on-line part time, with plenty of chill time. feel free to call or hang out. i guess that i'll just try to take it down a notch. i mean, don't get me wrong, i'll still party like its 1999. but i'm guessing that i'll chill out some. alright peace, my friends.

cool jroo, great seing you on Friday, yeh I;m going though a bit of the dilema myself, but I'll still go out, 'cos I relly enjoy dancing all night long and enjoy everyones company