Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Turntable-less

I am gonna die!! I had to have my decks sent in to Gemini to have them recallibrated since they were both screwed up. So for the next few weeks I am gonna be bored out of my mind. Why oh why didn't I just spend the extra cash and get the Technics. DAMNIT!!!

lol

My first pair of decks were Geminis. They were alright for starting out on, and then I eventually sold them and bought Technics. But I'm still glad I started out that way. Learning on decks that don't have enough torque and don't maintain the same speed help you perfect your skills, and then when you get Techincs you can focus more on creative mixing.

what model of turntables of technics is a good one? i want some that i can learn on but that isnt just a peice of crap and can progress on...also a good price...any info would be greatly appreciated bc i know you all knwo what you are talking about!!

thanxxxxxxxx!

:D

i must agree with heretic that it is better to learn with lesser tables because it's more of a challenge to master. then when you graduate and move to 1200's it's very easy and you have more skill. my first were technics belt driven and the pitch controls were little thumb dials plus the motors had no power, extreme pain in the asses. at joey's(clifton) we have the vestax tables and they are phenominal. the motor is so strong you can actually hit the start button and the record will start on beat. the pitch control is very accurate, the straight tonearm tracks the records great(no backspin skip), the reverse is cool, the superpitch is great, the break and start can be varied. i will never trade in my 1200's but the vestax is well made table......give it a chance if your considering buying something new............................by the way, why did you send your geminis in to be calibrated when they were never calibrated to begin with???????????lol

Originally posted by kirklop

i must agree with heretic that it is better to learn with lesser tables because it's more of a challenge to master. then when you graduate and move to 1200's it's very easy and you have more skill. my first were technics belt driven and the pitch controls were little thumb dials plus the motors had no power, extreme pain in the asses. at joey's(clifton) we have the vestax tables and they are phenominal. the motor is so strong you can actually hit the start button and the record will start on beat. the pitch control is very accurate, the straight tonearm tracks the records great(no backspin skip), the reverse is cool, the superpitch is great, the break and start can be varied. i will never trade in my 1200's but the vestax is well made table......give it a chance if your considering buying something new............................by the way, why did you send your geminis in to be calibrated when they were never calibrated to begin with???????????lol

Dude, I had no idea they were never calibrated. As a rookie, how was I to know that the pitch was off from the start? It just seemed normal to me. Even when I would play on Technics at Pseudo, I wouldn't notice the difference in pitch because I would be too busy concentrating on beat matching. I finally noticed something was off when I played the same mix with the table reversed. The speeds were completely different. :confused:

By the way, you spin at Joey's ?? You must know a good friend of a friend of mine, George Calle. He is pretty sick on the decks.