Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Business related books?

Can NE1 recommend any good business related books?

Books that talk about how the market works from the inside and all the crap that you don't learn until you're actually working... i'm looking to get a head start while i'm in still in school and any good books that some of you guys could recommend would be great...

thanx

Guest saleen351

If you want to learn how the market works then join a simulated stock game, yahoo has a good one, I did one at my college, its fun and you can learn tons of shit, by doing not reading. Go get the series 3 7 6 63 pre test questions, go threw them with the book and you'll know everything there is to know......I use to trade commodites, futures and options and cta funds...... 99% of the books you are gonna try and read are gonna be above your head at first.....get the test questions!

first off, 'business books' and 'stock market books' are two completely different things.

If you plan to gain employment where you will need a NASD license then I definitely agree that it would be a great idea for you to get study guides for the exams. You will have a headstart from other securities candidates. There are alot of securities exams offered besides those posted above. Check out the STC website for a list of securities exams. STC provides training. You also don't want to waste your time studying for an exam that will not benefit you. Only go this route if you plan on working in a securities related position.

That was a good post by saleen351 about participating in one of those simulated stock games. You can even win money if you generate the most return. I did Etrade's and Yahoo's mock games a few years ago. Unfortunately I did not win.

Now, if you are looking for a few good books to gain a good business understanding or to start developing a business mind... here are a few books that I have read that may help get you started...

1- The Millionaire Next Door (Stanley/Danko)

2- The Millionaire Mind (Stanley)

3- Warren Buffett Speaks (Lowe)

4- How To Become CEO (Fox)

5- The Money Market: Myth, Reality and Practice (Stigum)

If your interested in any e-business books just let me know. I focus in telecommunications, wireless, IP, et cetera...

Is this the starting of the Clubplanet.com Book Club ? :)