Clubplanet Nightlife Community

1918 forever.......

unclebuc

Uncle

Are you getting a little jealous because Boston teams are going so well???

Patriots - WORLD CHAMPIONS

Bruins - FIRST PLACE

Celtics - 2nd place

Out by the first round??

As far as Red Sox goes...they played a good year. They may not have won the whole thing but who cares.

PATRIOTS - WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!

Its about time!!!:D

Originally posted by roxychic

Uncle

Are you getting a little jealous because Boston teams are going so well???

Patriots - WORLD CHAMPIONS

Bruins - FIRST PLACE

Celtics - 2nd place

Out by the first round??

As far as Red Sox goes...they played a good year. They may not have won the whole thing but who cares.

PATRIOTS - WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!

Its about time!!!:D

Let's not forget... the Yankees did chump out this year and blow game 7 of the world series :laugh:

As Red Sox fans well know, it's better not to go to the Series at all if you're gonna lose in game 7!!!

Boston Championships this year: 1

New York Championships this year: 0

first of....It was all in good fun......I was rooting for the pats. my brother is good friends with Joe Andruzzi's brother.

But Please do not talk shit about other sports......Cause you can't.

yes the Celtics WERE great back in the day. They are finally getting better.

The Bruins......please.....if they couldn't win with cam neely and ray bourque both in their prime they never will......

and we all know about the sox....

Yanks- 4 championships in the past 6 years......

Rangers- 1994

Giants- 86 and 90

Knicks- i could give a rats ass about basketball.......but the knicks blow.

Originally posted by unclebuc

first of....It was all in good fun......I was rooting for the pats. my brother is good friends with Joe Andruzzi's brother.

The Bruins......please.....if they couldn't win with cam neely and ray bourque both in their prime they never will......

Rangers- 1994

Giants- 86 and 90

We're living in the present man. As was stated before, Bruins: 1st place, Celtics: 2nd and knocking on first, Patriots: champs... that's what we've got going for us RIGHT NOW. Yeah, it sure does suck to be a Boston sport's fan.

(And of course we know this is all in good fun)

Rangers- 1994

Giants- 86 and 90

Oh you forgot to tell us about the Giants blowing it in the Superbowl last year, and how about them chumping out this year???

So much for your congratualtions, thanks anyways we don't need your posts around here! All that I know is that we are flying high around here in Boston today, and can't wait for that parade tomorrow it will becoming right past my work. I will be following it down to the rally, GO PATS!

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

We're living in the present man. As was stated before, Bruins: 1st place, Celtics: 2nd and knocking on first, Patriots: champs... that's what we've got going for us RIGHT NOW. Yeah, it sure does suck to be a Boston sport's fan.

(And of course we know this is all in good fun)

Well even though the Celts have been pretty bad recently, looks like on the right track now, and they are the winningest franchise in basketball, so i dunno where NY'ers think they are better in basketball. Same for hockey....how many Stanley Cups do the Rangers have? And for all the talk in football, the Jets havent won anything since SB III, and the Giants only have 2 and nothing really since Parcell's left.

Baseball is a different issue. So I guess it equalls out in some weird way or another.

1986... game 6... it gets by buckner!! ahhhhh its like it was yesterday! i was 8 and i still get excited over that, thanks boston. I was there 2 days and i swear to god unless someone nuked the US no one would talk about anything but those god damn patriots. Gotta admit it was a good game. That said you better clone pedro about 3-4 times or that 1918 banner is gonna have to do for awhile!

i never said the knicks were good......I'm not a basketball fan so I rarely talk about it.

As far as the giants go......They weren't even suppossed to make the playoffs last year and went to the big game......I'll take it anytime. The pats had a great year. Sort of like the giants did last year. The giants were lucky last year....I know it. They had an easy schedule and got hot at the right time. SOUND FAMILAR. It should cause thats exactly what happened with the pats this year. Enjoy it now because Football is the hardest sport to repeat in. The pats went from 5-11 to 11-5 and could just as easy be 5-11 next year again.

Congrats and have a great day. Parades are fun. i've been to enough of them to know.

i never said the knicks were good......I'm not a basketball fan so I rarely talk about it.

As far as the giants go......They weren't even suppossed to make the playoffs last year and went to the big game......I'll take it anytime. The pats had a great year. Sort of like the giants did last year. The giants were lucky last year....I know it. They had an easy schedule and got hot at the right time. SOUND FAMILAR. It should cause thats exactly what happened with the pats this year. Enjoy it now because Football is the hardest sport to repeat in. The pats went from 5-11 to 11-5 and could just as easy be 5-11 next year again.

Congrats and have a great day. Parades are fun. i've been to enough of them to know.

The Patriots had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL and were in a VERY competitive AFC East. The Giants played a bunch of bums and got lucky just about every step of the way (my roomate is a HUGE Giants fan, I saw almost every game last season).

Finishing the year with 10 straight wins is pretty lucky though....

the patriots had an easy schedule.....

Buffalo (2x), Colts (2x), San Diego, Atlanta, Denver, Carolina, Cincinatti, and Cleveland........

just like the giants had last year. We'll see how good they are next year when they play a first place schedule.

BTW, 10 days til pitchers and catchers report and 125 days til Pedro and Nomar are back on the DL....lol

I'm not here to bash the patriots......Enjoy it while you can......Boston fans should know that championships don't happen very often.

the patriots had an easy schedule.....

Buffalo (2x), Colts (2x), San Diego, Atlanta, Denver, Carolina, Cincinatti, and Cleveland........

just like the giants had last year. We'll see how good they are next year when they play a first place schedule.

BTW, 10 days til pitchers and catchers report and 125 days til Pedro and Nomar are back on the DL....lol

I'm not here to bash the patriots......Enjoy it while you can......Boston fans should know that championships don't happen very often.

Who cares what schedule they had in the regular season, they made it to the play offs with a first round bye, then played two tough games, one in the snow (which I was at), and one in a hostile environment in Pitts, and won them both, handedly. So what I am trying to say is they played the two other best teams in the AFC and won! So there regular season schedule doesn't matter. Oh hey also, didn't they win, and shall I say didn't they spank the supposed best team in the NFL ever in the Super Bowl? Didn't everyone say the Rams are the best team to ever grace the NFL playing field? And didn't we beat them in the Super Bowl? And aren't we Super Bowl Champs? So Uncle Buffalo, I mean Uncle Buck put that in you pipe and smoke it!!:D

Originally posted by prplhz

Who cares what schedule they had in the regular season, they made it to the play offs with a first round bye, then played two tough games, one in the snow (which I was at), and one in a hostile environment in Pitts, and won them both, handedly. So what I am trying to say is they played the two other best teams in the AFC and won! So there regular season schedule doesn't matter. Oh hey also, didn't they win, and shall I say didn't they spank the supposed best team in the NFL ever in the Super Bowl? Didn't everyone say the Rams are the best team to ever grace the NFL playing field? And didn't we beat them in the Super Bowl? And aren't we Super Bowl Champs? So Uncle Buffalo, I mean Uncle Buck put that in you pipe and smoke it!!:D

Like I said......the Pats deserve credit for winning the superbowl.....I was replying to an earler post, when I said the Pats had an easy schedule.....They beat the Raiders, steelers, and rams. They played great. I'm not knocking them. As far as the rams being the greatest team......Um no..............'85 bears....the niners.....the cowboys.......the rams need to win about 3 more superbowls before they get put in that class......The rams always struggle against teams with good D's.....Tampa, giants, eagles, saints, etc.............and what games were you watching when you say that they won all their playoff game handedly......they beat the radiers by 3 in ot on a questionable call.......They beat the steelers by 7......and the rams by 3.....thats not handedly.......41-0 is handedly. Enjoy your championship boston cause the Pats will be lucky to even make the playoffs next year!!!!!!!!!

Like I said......the Pats deserve credit for winning the superbowl.....I was replying to an earler post, when I said the Pats had an easy schedule.....They beat the Raiders, steelers, and rams. They played great. I'm not knocking them. As far as the rams being the greatest team......Um no..............'85 bears....the niners.....the cowboys.......the rams need to win about 3 more superbowls before they get put in that class......The rams always struggle against teams with good D's.....Tampa, giants, eagles, saints, etc.............and what games were you watching when you say that they won all their playoff game handedly......they beat the radiers by 3 in ot on a questionable call.......They beat the steelers by 7......and the rams by 3.....thats not handedly.......41-0 is handedly. Enjoy your championship boston cause the Pats will be lucky to even make the playoffs next year!!!!!!!!!

I do want to say one thing, aren't you from New Jersey anyways? What is it with all you Jersey Boys thinking they are all from NYC anyways? And if you are from NYC did we come to your board when you guys lost the World Series making fun of the Yankees for losing in the 7th game? Why couldn't you just be happy for us, or even better yet not even make any comments at all?

Thanks for the congratulations on winning the SUPER BOWL, we will enjoy it, we will be talking about it for some time. We will be relishing in the glory of being Super Bowl champs when no one thought it was possible. Hey Unclebuc maybe you should even convert to Patriots nation because lord only knows that will be as close you will get to enjoying a Super Bowl championship!

I am from New york.......I went to school in jersey.......I've seen the three teams I follow win a championship.......Can you say that........I think you got you panties in a bunch........My post was all in good fun.....And the reason that you didn't bash the yankees when they lost is because your a red sox fan and you can't say shit.

You are right my panties are in a bunch! Because I am tired of people coming over to our board and bashing our sports teams, that's all that I am trying to say.

No, in fact the reason why nobody came over the NY board and said anything about the Spankees not winning the World Series is because we have better things to say and do.

Boston is a Championship starved town, but one Championship is better then NONE!:tongue::laugh: