Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SuperBowl MVP

nycchic24

last night Tom brady won the award (and the car!) the boston globe has already posted a polll ( boston.com ) with Vinateri as the favorite... who do you think?

personally i think it should have been awarded to the entire Defense! i said it at half time. the secondary just swarmed them and they didnt give Warner a chance!

You know I don't know.. been kind of torn about it... I mean Vinateri did win it for them BUT Brady did such a good job of getting them down the field into kicking position.... I think the entire team deserves it. They really pulled it out when no one (critics) thought they could do it

:)

Very tough one, Brady did get us there. But, the kick did win it. I don't know but Brady is the shit. And he isn't an ass, listening to him be interviewed. Now that is an athlete!! And we have been missing athletes like that for years. Saying that he isn't the only one that deserves this, that the whole team does. And that he is happy that the Wheaties box has five guys and not just him. Great guy:D

Originally posted by vikkii123

You know I don't know.. been kind of torn about it... I mean Vinateri did win it for them BUT Brady did such a good job of getting them down the field into kicking position.... I think the entire team deserves it. They really pulled it out when no one (critics) thought they could do it

:)

you know brady got it for his poise .. not his stats obviously. but like i said that was the best "2 minute" drill that i ever saw. That is stuff you see in college ball (going for it all) instead of playing it safe! that was absoulte heart and determination!

and yes Vinateri clinched it for them coming through with yeta agin another clutch kick.

But the Defense set the tone for the game and after Law got that first INT... they just took off. Its the Defense that shut down what everybody thought was the "unstoppable" rams offense. and the pats didnt even have the most ttl yards in offense.

It is true.. "defense wins championships"

I don't think you can really name an MVP... it was a complete team effort. The idea of nominating the whole defense is the best I've heard yet.

Brady was so funny when he got the MVP trophy... "That's my car!?!?" "No, it's everyone's car. They can all drive it!!!" He really had no idea what to say.

I heard a couple of Patriots call into some radio shows this morning... they were still up from last night, and definitely still drunk! One of them was cracking a fresh bottle of champagne... they must be partying like we can't even imagine...

i thought they were going to give the MVP award to Ty Law. Aside from the interception he did a pretty good job covering Rams receivers.

Brday didnt have a great game statistically and asided from the last drive he was rather unimpressive, although he didnt commit any mistakes. I think they gave it to him because he didnt commit any mistakes, thelast drive and everyting that went on duringthe year, i.e second year QB, sarter gets injured etc, etc.

Buit without a doubt it was the defense thatmade all the difference in the game.

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I don't think you can really name an MVP... it was a complete team effort. The idea of nominating the whole defense is the best I've heard yet.

Brady was so funny when he got the MVP trophy... "That's my car!?!?" "No, it's everyone's car. They can all drive it!!!" He really had no idea what to say.

I heard a couple of Patriots call into some radio shows this morning... they were still up from last night, and definitely still drunk! One of them was cracking a fresh bottle of champagne... they must be partying like we can't even imagine...

which stations? matty in the morning or 103.7?

Originally posted by nycchic24

which stations? matty in the morning or 103.7?

It was 107.3 WAAF... they have Patriots players every Monday, and they've been sooo excited throughout the entire playoffs.

I REALLY hate Matty in the Morning. He was talking about how stupid everyone who was partying in Kenmore Sq. was. I guess some guy climbed up a light pole last night. He kept on talking about how he could have been hurt.... STFU!!! If some moron wants to climb up a pole cuz the Pats just won the super bowl, let him! Did anyone get hurt? No. Did that guy have the time of his life? Yes.

Matty is a loser!

It was 107.3 WAAF... they have Patriots players every Monday, and they've been sooo excited throughout the entire playoffs.

I REALLY hate Matty in the Morning. He was talking about how stupid everyone who was partying in Kenmore Sq. was. I guess some guy climbed up a light pole last night. He kept on talking about how he could have been hurt.... STFU!!! If some moron wants to climb up a pole cuz the Pats just won the super bowl, let him! Did anyone get hurt? No. Did that guy have the time of his life? Yes.

Matty is a loser!

AMEN, plus you gotta listen to LB in the am

Matty is a loser!

roight thats what i meant 107.3 BCN

actually i liked matty in the morning... sometimes he kills me but i do agree that he has some inane tangents/opions.

THAT was probably the dad in him talking.

Originally posted by kaydup

AMEN, plus you gotta listen to LB in the am

Good call, LB is the best morning guy by far!

He didn't make it into work this morning, how funny is that! Way to go LB, I should have followed your lead!

Everytime I listen to Matty (and it's only during commercials), he's talking about some Dad crap. Either his kids, his kids with his computer, his wife, he's annoying (no offense). I listen to Stern a lot too, he's either great or lousy, no in-between.

Good call, LB is the best morning guy by far!

He didn't make it into work this morning, how funny is that! Way to go LB, I should have followed your lead!

Everytime I listen to Matty (and it's only during commercials), he's talking about some Dad crap. Either his kids, his kids with his computer, his wife, he's annoying (no offense). I listen to Stern a lot too, he's either great or lousy, no in-between.

ah but i havent listened to it in over a year and when i did he only used to talk about that sometimes - not all the time. i think the funniest is really Billy and when Randy was there and they had him do all the f_cked up pranks! and the girls used to rag on him. :laugh:

btw so i was thinking of banging into work tomorrow and going to the parade/rally. all my friends think i should come down. what time do you thin ppl are going to start lining up though for this thing? like 8 am right? (it starts at noon) bus would get into south station at 11 and i would just walk over to city hall area.... i know its going to be packed, but hey its not everyday the pats win it all! ;)