Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Frequently Do U Men Get Tested??

bluegirl

Originally posted by nrgy112

I get tested once every 6 months. I'm not usually to concerned though cause most of my relationships for the most part are monogamous, or at least I hope they are.:)

ok lets suppose that is true

and ill give u the benefit that everyone u were with was clean

lets say the girl u are with now had a relationship in the past

and she was cheated on

my point is u never know

and it only takes one

but i am surprised that u go that often simply because it seems like a rarity that men do

I get tested every 3 months, even if I don't have sex. I know that some diseases don't show up for awhile... like HIV, which can take 6 months+ to come up positive. My dumb ex refused any tests at first, kept telling me to "just trust him," and finally did it when I wouldn't let up.

I'll never date another guy who refuses to get tested. I think it shows he doesn't respect his own body or the body of his partner...

STD-free and tested regularly,

~kitten >^.^<

testing is not a form of prevention. if you're sexually active (i.e. multiple partners) and not using protection, then you should be tested before getting into a monogamous relationship. but if you're getting tested every three months that might be overkill....isn't it kind of expensive to be tested?

shuga, I don't know if you're referring to my post, but I'm not using testing as a preventative measure. It's mainly just to make sure I was safe... I trusted my ex, but at the same time, I kinda didn't. But that's a whole 'nother story.

but if you're getting tested every three months that might be overkill....isn't it kind of expensive to be tested?

I get tested through school, and it's 100% free this way.

:tongue:

Originally posted by shugabooga

testing is not a form of prevention. if you're sexually active (i.e. multiple partners) and not using protection, then you should be tested before getting into a monogamous relationship. but if you're getting tested every three months that might be overkill....isn't it kind of expensive to be tested?

duh i never said it was

however u can still get diseases with condoms

and u can get diseases without even having sex

i brought this topic up because people rarily get tested

and feel that being in a monogamous relationship is enough

and feel they are safe and clean

Originally posted by glowdancer

duh i never said it was

however u can still get diseases with condoms

and u can get diseases without even having sex

i brought this topic up because people rarily get tested

and feel that being in a monogamous relationship is enough

and feel they are safe and clean

i didn't say you said was prevention (duh). i simply made the point that it's not prevention. no matter how often you go. and going every three months seems like it could be overkill and an unnecessary expense, unless you're engaging in some pretty risky behavior such as multiple partners, anal sex, or using needles.

other than abstinence, being in a monogomous relationship is the safest way to avoid HIV.......unless you're using dirty needles or have a blood transfusion. and if i'm in a long-term monogomous relationship and i trust my partner, i'm not going to get tested every three months, or even six months. i agree that two people should discuss the issue and get tested before having sex, but i can't say that i've ever been quite that responsible.

as for women getting tested more than men, i have no idea....anybody got any stats on that? probably so, because most women have annual gynecological exams and it's so easy to get tested if you're already at the doctor for something else.

Just because your test or your potential partners test comes out clean one time, don't just assume that you are clean. HIV dosen't even show up on tests for 6-8 months or longer.

So if you or your partner know that you have participated in some risky behavior it might be safe to wait and be tested a second and maybe a third time.

Point is just be safe and protect yourselves.