Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Quality of Life in SoBe?

pipnyc

You most def need a car in Miami!!! Without a car it's way too stressful on a daily basis......transportation system over here is not all that!!!! In my opinion living at the beach might fun and all but it might become a pain in the a**. Parking is not easy if you have visitors and Miami Beach Never sleeps! It's really up to what kind of lifestyle you want. I would personally live in areas like Coral Gables or Miami Lakes.....depends on how much $$$ you got. Maybe a Condo somewhere in the beach area.....that's an idea!!! Hope I was of some help!!!:D and Good Luck!!!:D

Public transit down here sucks. You gotta have a car, realistically.

As for living on South Beach, it's very expensive. Gas, food, everything costs a bit more. Plus, it's easy to get sucked into the seedier aspects of living on the beach. I've seen a lot of people go from upstanding citizens to felons in a heartbeat.

A good compromise is to live near downtown, or in "Middle Beach" (41st Street until 80th or so), or in North Miami Beach. It's fairly inexpensive, and you're still "on the beach", and not too far from South Beach.

Since I live on sobe, I will give you my perspective. the closer you live to ocean drive; the more complex the parking situation becomes. as does the cost of housing. I would recommend moving into an area a little west of ocean drive. i.e., alton rd, west ave, bay Ave, etc. if you want be in thick of things, I would not recommend going beyond 22nd st. particularly if you, are going to be working downtown. you most definitely will need a car; if you plan on ever venturing into miami. the life style is very relaxed on sobe. eating establishments are in abundance, performing arts centers, a multi plex movie theater, and an array of retail outlets, health clubs, food outlets, etc. of course the beach. :letsgo: all within a reasonable walking distance. the beach also has quite an interesting mix of people. it is not anymore expensive ,to live on the beach; then else where in dade county. you can find affordable housing, in good repair. it will require some planning. as far as my buddy Dan's comments, "it's easy to get sucked into the seedier aspects of living on the beach. I've seen a lot of people go from upstanding citizens to felons in a heartbeat". LOL one could apply these comments, to any area o f miami. I’ve lived in homestead, south miami, kendall, and broward County. there is no place where, I have ever felt completely content; then living on sobe. hope this helps.

:cool: I have to agree if you stay away from living to close Ocean Dr. and your living will be easier at the Beach. Alton Rd., West Ave. and Lincoln are a little more quiter areas and at the same time at a relatively close distance from the madness of Ocean Dr.

As far as planning to find something affordable to rent it takes time to do this. If you plan to buy this will take you even a little more time to plan out. As far as relaxing goes its real cool, I mean you got the beach right there. When I stay over there I stay at the very end of Lincoln and its really cool to get up on a rainy day and just walk down and catch a flick at the Lincoln Theatre.

Peace!!!

:smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

Winter Music Conference by far...in about a month. Memorial Day cannot hold a candle to it. Memorial Day is usually a mess, with fights and other bullshit like that from all the tourists who bring their rivalries from NYC down to the beach. WMC is almost always much more peaceful :)