Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where do you think dance music is going next?

Just a random thought I had this morning. Due to being an old man, I have witnessed the disco age, the freestyle years, and ultimately the House movement. House has broken off into so many tangents it is unbelievable. It has been infused with the likes of jazz, classical, and hip-hop, to name a few.

My question is, where can dance music go now?

I think it can go anywhere it's heart desires :D

But... i often look at the scene in Europe and Britain to see what's happenin and forming aknew . Lately disco revival with housy sounds and tribal drums have been popular there, a happy-carribbean sounding vibe that gets you off your feet.

I also think we haven't heard the last of the 80's, and am sure synth-pop and acid house still has to be rekoned with.

But Breaks are DEF. gonna hang around for a while:cool:

Originally posted by gmccookny

I think it can go anywhere it's heart desires :D

But... i often look at the scene in Europe and Britain to see what's happenin and forming aknew . Lately disco revival with housy sounds and tribal drums have been popular there, a happy-carribbean sounding vibe that gets you off your feet.

I also think we haven't heard the last of the 80's, and am sure synth-pop and acid house still has to be rekoned with.

But Breaks are DEF. gonna hang around for a while:cool:

Yes, you seem to be right about the wave we're riding..

Nowadayz we realy enjoy disco/salsa/merengue/funky influences in our house music...ofcourse the other streams in housemusic are always there...So I don't think there will be a next thing...dance music got so many options that there will always be something nice...

But I prefer the carribean sounding vibe...to go with some nice vocals...or samples from the past.. That's why DJ Roog is currently my fav. DJ. attachment.php?postid=651023