Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Food For Thought!

stogiey2k2

Just curious what you all think and know regarding the many many rumors of downtown blowing up in the next couple of years as a Big Club Scene. Do you all think it will surpass and outdue the beach scene? Or do you guys and girls think the beach scene will try to compete? Or just aceept the fact & move over to downtown once it starts to further develop?

:idea::shades:

The problem with downtown is that it is outside the tourist belt.

Unless we see a big increase in the populatity of allready popular sobe (unlikely) I just can't see having enough (local) bodies to support both the beach and downtown.

I can see maybe 4 or 5 decent clubs not on the beach surviving but not much more. And thats being positive.

of course there is a chance that the beach starts to cater exclusivly to the cheezy tourist crowd leaving downtown for the true clubber, but I doubt it.

First things first... I don't ever think that the clubs on the beach would close down move to downtown Miami. What seems the trend is that the beach club owners would try to open a location in downtown with a different style from the clubs on the beach. It is very difficult to second guess the possibility but as you can see the recent move of Opium opening Livingroom downtown. It has been quite a success to a certain degree.

Definitely, can not compare to Space since it was the first most successful club in downtown.

Another positive reason why the downtown area is so attractive is that it Miami is offering the 24hr liquor license and also there is no noise restrictions. While the beach has restrictions on those policies. Besides the City of Miami dieing for some thing to help left that dead - downtown area at night. From what I have heard the city wants the downtown to be alive open 24 hrs a day like the most major cities. For example you have NYC, Chicago anytime of the night and find several resturants and clubs open all night. But, in the recent 2 years for those who have traveled through the Miami Downtown area (going to Space) may have noticed they have built a new building and allot of activity has been generated since the inception of Space. Bottom line the downtown will/is a prime area for clubs to open... Its just a matter of how they will market the club. :coo: