Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone into turntablism?

jeremyd

Originally posted by jeremyd

oh hes not good? well all i spin is hip hop and so forth. any idiot could mix a hip hop track he he he. maybe i should meet this jimi guy lol i only have like one friend thats a DJ or Better yet one tht only spins lol

jimi spins or trys to spin trance, but its cheesy trance. I guess props to where props are due: shady is actually pretty good, but he's into progressive "dirty & tribal", kuro also spins, but we havent seen him spin although we want to 'cos he says he spins techno and is getting into breaks...me? well I spin my CD player

"I'm vicous on the mic and the turn turn turn turntablism"

well I'm half decent on the decks anyway(I can juggle right,so you can dance to it,but only on a good day...err....night)

I don't know I always thought hip hop was one of the harder forms of music to spin, ya know compaired to say ... house

cause I spin house too and hip hop has alot more for the dj to do,although I mix house pretty much the same way I do hip hop (skratchin,and throwing alot of samples over top) but with house you always have to be workin on gettin the beats matched up and with hip hop you can just slam the tracks together so you have more time to do the skratchin and samplin which I find to be more fun.

If ya have questions about turntablism go ahead and post em ... someone prolly has the answer

can anybody explain crabs to me?

you kinda twiddle the fader with each of your 3 or 4 other fingers. . bouncing off your thumb (or the end of the slot). . in a quick succession, your hand should looked kinda curled over. . .like a crab shell, i dont know if thats why its named crab, but thats how i remember it. . .your hand kinda looks like a crab w/all its legs moving. makes a unique sound, definitely harder to do than most. . .

more! i miss this stuff. . .last dmc competition i went to was in chicago last year

jeremyd, what scratching language do you speak?

I love turntablism.

Like Vic said, I spin mostly tribal and progressive, which doesn't lend itself too well to any major turntablist skills. But backspins and cuts work every once in a while.

When I throw down the breaks, though, I love to juggle the beats and cut 'em up and make my own breakbeat patterns. Since most breakbeat has a one, two, three-and, four pattern to it, you can cut it back and forth on each of the kicks with two records in sync to make your own breakbeat.

And then, of course, you can use the line input switch to cut out a channel completely which gives almost a wah-wah effect when done with the fader at the 5.

It's amazing what that little mixer can do. You just gotta play with every knob and switch on it.

I'm going home now to spin. Fuck work. :D

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I love turntablism.

Like Vic said, I spin mostly tribal and progressive, which doesn't lend itself too well to any major turntablist skills. But backspins and cuts work every once in a while.

When I throw down the breaks, though, I love to juggle the beats and cut 'em up and make my own breakbeat patterns. Since most breakbeat has a one, two, three-and, four pattern to it, you can cut it back and forth on each of the kicks with two records in sync to make your own breakbeat.

And then, of course, you can use the line input switch to cut out a channel completely which gives almost a wah-wah effect when done with the fader at the 5.

It's amazing what that little mixer can do. You just gotta play with every knob and switch on it.

I'm going home now to spin. Fuck work. :D

hamster :D

Originally posted by chynado11

anyone wanna formulate a "battle of the djs" *snickers*

i'm telling you we should have a CP get together and have a "spin-off" of some sort...well a party where malanee, kuro, jimi, shady...maybe Brian 'cos he's also pretty darn good (even though he's not on CP) and get everyone FUBAR :D :D

Originally posted by wisdom

baby,stabs,crabs,tweaker...

dj battle?

I'm down I'll battle anybody here , when I got the time in like six months ...

:gang::biggun:

and we've got this dude here (wisdom) and then there is the other dude jeremyd, that are into hip-hop and house, so there is an ample repetoir, wachu al say?

yeah or we could just all get together and throw down at somebodies house

I like that format better (we got no reason to battle each other anyway)

either way though I'm busy for the next six months, after that though...I'm down for what ever