Clubplanet Nightlife Community

newbie to the substance board ~ can you ever do too much e?

djmoonshine

I doubt you've quite reached that point yet Jess!

Seriously though, the people I know who have gotten there (and I think I may be getting close to it) either went overboard by doing it waaaaay too often- I'm talking everyday, to the point where they were taking 4 or 5 pills and not feeling anything. Or they've been doing it for many years. Either way, it eventually begins to lose its magic.

well, like T said, some people come to a point where they're just doing too much of it. Me, I just feel like I've taken enough E that it doesn't have anything new to show me. I never did it too often that i couldn't get off anymore. It's just that I have done enough of it that there's never any surprises, even in quantity. I'm sort of in the same place with acid. No matter what happens on my trip, I always feel like "been there, done that" As previously reported on here, I've sworn off drugs...only natural highs for me now.

Peace

Originally posted by tastyt

I doubt you've quite reached that point yet Jess!

Seriously though, the people I know who have gotten there (and I think I may be getting close to it) either went overboard by doing it waaaaay too often- I'm talking everyday, to the point where they were taking 4 or 5 pills and not feeling anything. Or they've been doing it for many years. Either way, it eventually begins to lose its magic.

ummm.. wasnt ever implying that ive even begun to reach the point of too much... actually just had convo with someone about it and what better place to find out some real answers then here... :idea:

Originally posted by djmoonshine

ummm.. wasnt ever implying that ive even begun to reach the point of too much... actually just had convo with someone about it and what better place to find out some real answers then here... :idea:

You certainly know where to find us crackheads! :laugh:

I can't say from personal experience......I have never let it get to that point with me, I like to keep everything relative.

But a couple of my friends have gone off the deep end. One of my better friends, who hardly even goes to clubs anymore, just whacked himself out so completely that he is now unwilling to do anything. Another kid just G'd himself out this past summer and ended up in a hospital. I think there comes a point when you start abusing it......just like any other drug........that you will finally say I have done this too much, time to stop. Otherwise you are headed for forced rehab.

i can attest to the fact that enough is enough when it comes to rolls. there is a point when you start to have symptoms similar to parkinson's and you are not getting messed up anymore anyways. i know everyone wants to say that the parkinson's thing is a myth, which i am sure that it is, but i can see where people get that from. i was taking between 1-8 pills a day for almost two years straight and they had to be cut with mad shit to even screw me up, and I took 7 one morning for "breakfast" and i swear to god i thought i was going to twitch forever. it lasted for like 5 days and scared the shit out of me. i still do it, don't get me wrong, but not like that anymore, and i have a few friends who have developed an anxiety disorder because of it (or at least that is what their doctors told them).. i still love x though, so no love lost, just be careful, whatever you do. the scene aint like it once was and some of that shit is---shall we say---a little less that pure.

Originally posted by rollergirlkxg

i can attest to the fact that enough is enough when it comes to rolls. there is a point when you start to have symptoms similar to parkinson's and you are not getting messed up anymore anyways. i know everyone wants to say that the parkinson's thing is a myth, which i am sure that it is, but i can see where people get that from. i was taking between 1-8 pills a day for almost two years straight and they had to be cut with mad shit to even screw me up, and I took 7 one morning for "breakfast" and i swear to god i thought i was going to twitch forever. it lasted for like 5 days and scared the shit out of me. i still do it, don't get me wrong, but not like that anymore, and i have a few friends who have developed an anxiety disorder because of it (or at least that is what their doctors told them).. i still love x though, so no love lost, just be careful, whatever you do. the scene aint like it once was and some of that shit is---shall we say---a little less that pure.

:shake: :worry2: :woah::screwy::cry:

the only drug i have abused is Hash ..

back home its pure and so cheap ..

like a kilo is for 100$

the best one

can u imagine ...

So i have smoked shit loooooooooooooooooooooads of it ...

we use to finish a kilo in a day .. 12 to 13 guys smoking every min of the day ..

now i dont do it .. just once a while when i go back home for visit ...

i hate weed .. once u get the taste of hash then u will not like weed

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

the only drug i have abused is Hash ..

back home its pure and so cheap ..

like a kilo is for 100$

the best one

can u imagine ...

So i have smoked shit loooooooooooooooooooooads of it ...

we use to finish a kilo in a day .. 12 to 13 guys smoking every min of the day ..

now i dont do it .. just once a while when i go back home for visit ...

i hate weed .. once u get the taste of hash then u will not like weed

That was helpful and relevant. Thanks for sharing. :rolleyes:

i think you will eventually hit a point where as much as you still love the way e has made you feel in the past, you realize you dont need it to have a good time..

you also feel the strain it has had on your brain. it can cause you to become depressed & moody because it drains the serotonin in your brain. i dunno, i havent taken e in a while. i really want to in the present but i dont think its worth what it will do to me in the future...

Ecstasy, or MDMA (3,4-methylene-dioxy-mathamphetamine) is a popular illegal drug used frequently at nightclubs and "Raves". It produces a relaxed, euphoric state by acting as an "acute anti-depressant"3.  Ecstasy works by releasing large amounts of serotonin into the synaptic cleft. Serotonin then binds to receptors on the post-synaptic membrane to stimulate a nerve impulse. Research indicates that increased serotonin receptor binding increases synaptic firing and positively influences your mood. Serotonin in the synaptic cleft also activates reuptake transporters that shuttle serotonin back into the pre-synaptic axon where it is either recycled or metabolized. 

Because serotonin is not normally released in large quantities, the brain does not synthesize it very quickly. As a result, serotonin levels drop after four hours of an ecstasy "high" and fewer receptors are activated than in a normal state of brain activity, apparently causing a transient feeling of depression. Frequent ecstasy use is thought to cause longer lasting depression either by creating chronically low levels of serotonin or by downgrading the serotonin receptors. The repeated hyper-activation of serotonin receptors may cause them to shut down either to avoid damage by overstimulation or to maintain a balance of serotonin in the brain in the presence of abnormally high levels3. Receptor downgrading reduces the ability of the brain to bind adequate amounts of serotonin under normal circumstances. Many ecstasy users have reported periods of depression lasting months or even a year or more following  a period of heavy  use, although it is difficult to assess whether their use of ecstasy or other factors contributed to these feelings3. 

Ecstasy also causes an increase in the release of dopamine, a catecholamine  that enters serotonin reuptake transporters when serotonin is depleted.  Dopamine, which is inherently toxic to serotonin cells, is then metabolized into hydrogen peroxide, which causes oxidative damage. Frequent or high doses of ecstasy reportedly cause neurotoxic damage in lab animals by this mechanism and may very well affect humans in the same way3. The use of Prozac or other SSRIs within the first six hours after using ecstasy may prevent its negative consequences by blocking serotonin reuptake transporters when they are most vulnerable3

Originally posted by rollergirlkxg

Originally posted by Tastyt :

I am sorry you feel that way, next time I will be sure to be a little less honest.:biggun:

I don't want to scare you away on your first post or anything, but you have to admit that taking that much E on a daily basis for two years is beyond out of control. I've known hardcore users but they weren't anywhere near that level.

it wasnt literally every single day, but it was to a point where it would be almost every day, i cant really remember. my overall point was that it is very possible. i got into the scene having done nothing at all except pot, and i was brought into the scene by some of the biggest dealers out there, so the supply was plentiful and i had no idea what the f*** i was doing. it is not necessarily something i am proud of, but it is something that i can definately look upon as a learning experience. i am no stranger to the fact that i am lucky to be alive. i have had three friends who werent so lucky, one died from rolls, and the other two oxycontin. it sucks, but i suppose it is a risk you have to be prepared to take when you get involved in anything. i wasnt replying to be a sarcastic bitch by any means, i was just saying that perhaps i shouldn't be so honest on my first post. it is ironic that i did that many rolls, but i still dont smoke pot. i guess there are phases or something. now i pretty much stick to beer, but i still love to see people rolling their faces off. it reminds me of what it used to be like. i actually learned of this forum from an entirely different forum, and decided to post, and found a question that i, (perhaps unfortunately), have the answer to.:rolleyes:

Pesonal:

I was at the point last year of at least 5 pills a day, everyday, for 2 months with my freinds John (his apartment aka crackhouse). Lemme just tell you, I never intended it to get like that. The point of doing 3 pills in one shot and not feeling shit. Being Hospitalized a few times wakes you up. Since moving back in with parents i have straightened up. Its amazing what you will do when it is free and in your face everyday. This worst part about it is that you know your smarter than that and would usually never do such a thing. But it happens. That is the point of too much. Moderation is the key. Do enough to have fun, not enough to ruin your life. And what the funny part is, E is not addictive to me. It was just too easy to do.

Sorry for venting like that.

NO OFFENSE TAKEN. I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE THINK WHEN WE DO THOSE THINGS, IT IS KIND OF LIKE SOMEONE WHO DRINKS A FEW BEERS EVERYDAY BUT DOESNT GET DRUNK. DIFFERENT OPINIONS WOULD ALLUDE TO THE PERSON BEING AN ALCOHOLIC, BUT I GUESS IT JUST DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR PERSONAL DEFINITION OF AN ALCOHOLIC IS.

~~~ my friend was in rehab for coke and she told me about a guy there who did so much e he couldn't put a sentence together...his short term memory was shot he could remember the beginnig of his sentence in therapy sessions his friend was there with him telling the story........now thats sad:eek:

Originally posted by linabina

yo... i seriously dont mean to offend anyone here... but wtf is up with doin pills every day???? let alone like... 5 or more... whats the point?!?!

i am with you Lynne, I like rollin, but every day? Hell No.