Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Toronto Or Montreal

Which place is better to go to in terms of the nightlife and things to do in the day time (not necessarily touristy stuff either).

We're planning a trip sometime sometime in March and we can't decide where we should go.

We're from NYC and prefer clubs/lounges.......with a good crowd and trance/techno/house music preffered.

Thanks guys!!!

Guest bellaragazza
Originally posted by karde

Check out aria, and the soundsystem in Stereo is awesome. I guess soma sucks now, and I have had fun at the redlite. But, I just moved here from california, so I can't give too much advice on montreal.

which part of montreal?

Guest bellaragazza
Originally posted by karde

living right on the canal in lachine, but I am a student at concordia.

so you live right by me then :)

Thanks for the info guys but I'm still confuse :confused:

Can you guys list down the top 5 clubs/bars, the type of crowd, type of music, and dress code if any.

Also, a good hotel to stay at...preferably closest to the nightlife.

Thanks for all the help. Don't worry maybe we'll have a meet-up and I'll buy ya'll drinks. :)

Montreal is a very fashionable city, and tends to dress well for any occassion, even when there isn't a dress code. I have not personally experienced any dress code difficulties yet, I often wear jeans.

But I couldn't answer this question very well, as like I said above, I am pretty new here.

you definitely must check out Toronto, tons to do, so many different vibes, something to suite everybody. There's big name DJ's in town almost every week. Options include, Film Lounge (Fri & Sat), System Sound Bar (Fri & Sat), Comfort Zone (Sun morning), Tonic (Wed), Inside (Fri warmup party), Fluid (Sun night). All are good on particular nights, and there's many more, so screw Montreal, Toronto is where its at.

Whatever, you separtist fuck. At least Toronto clubs and streets aren't crawling with a bunch of 18 year olds from over the border because of the legal drinking age and if you really want to go there, we're not buried under 10 feet of snow with the temperature being 20 below, and BIGGEST REASON TO GO TO TORONTO INSTEAD OF MONTREAL.... YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEAK FRENCH!!!!!!!

English is spoken in montreal as much as french. Spent a week there, had an amazing time. beautiful people, beautiful clubs, amazing night life, great food...really quite nice.

for info on upcoming montreal events, you can go here:

http://pub66.ezboard.com/bmtlnights14160

has the 411.

If you like lounges and house music I'd recommend a pre-party at Cafeteria...ask on the above board...

Originally posted by dyabolik1

Whatever, you separtist fuck. At least Toronto clubs and streets aren't crawling with a bunch of 18 year olds from over the border because of the legal drinking age and if you really want to go there, we're not buried under 10 feet of snow with the temperature being 20 below, and BIGGEST REASON TO GO TO TORONTO INSTEAD OF MONTREAL.... YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEAK FRENCH!!!!!!!

You should be more careful announcing your ignorance to the world. If you had read the thread you would have known that I just moved here from the states. How could I possibly be a separatist? I'm not even canadian.

Crawling with 18 year olds? Hardly. If you have taste enough to choose where you go you don't run into that problem.

Also if you had been paying attention, Montreal has had an extremely warm winter, and there is barely any snow on the ground. If I look out my front window I can see green grass. That is hardly 10 feet smart guy. In fact Toronto has had more snowfall than Montréal this year.

As for HAVING to speak french? I speak very little French and get along here just fine. Maybe you should pull your head out of your ass, and take a breath of air. It might help you relax and think straight.

by the way - fluid's too crowded, System's too young/sketchy, Tonic is too industrial, though Comfort Zone has been known to kick ass, but only truly when Peter and Tyrone are spinning because no one else can seem to get the vibe right.

I think if you like CZ, you might be surprised by Montreal if you let go of your prejudice against the population. Then again, you might just be a little too unsophisticated to feel at ease here... bigot.

Guest bellaragazza
Originally posted by dyabolik1

let me guess asswipe you've never been to montreal.. that or when you did come you spent your time at peel pub and then off to club crescent you went.. Get one thing straight dear montreal destroys toronto when it comes to clubs. Granted, our clubbing age is 18 but don't forget Ontario checks in at 19 which in my books isnt that great of a different. And yes it's cold here and yes it snows but if you weren't as fucking ignorant you'd know that Montreal got practically no snow this year and our temps are pretty warm...... and last time I checked the majority of this island speaks english...

:laugh: some people are way too quick to judge.. oh yeah and just because we live in Montreal we're separatists.. news to me..

J'CAi SAUTÉ LE PISTOLET. AINSI VOUS N'ÊTES PAS TOUS LES SEPARTIST, VEUILLEZ AGRÉER MON APPOLOGIES.

Question pour vous, puisque j'ai votre attention. Je n'ai pas été à Montréal depuis mai, mais où est un bon endroit à la partie une nuit de Mardi ou de Mercredi dans la BELLE ville de Montréal.

Again, I am sorry to ruffle all of y'all feathers, no harm intended. I didn't know people actually paid attention to what was written to this degree on this board, I know they did on the NY board. Way to go Canadians.