Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone out there work in finance?

Hey guys,

I know this is totally random, but I am working on a screenplay and the main character has an entry level job in finance, and/or is training to be a stock broker.... anyway, having never had an entry level finance job myself, I was wondering if any of you could help me out with some "research" and let me know what kind of duties an entry level guy at like JP Morgan or Merrill Lynch would have...

If anyone can help me out or wants to share their experiences with me, please e-mail me at scrpiohney@aol.com.

Thanks!

xoxo

Alexandra

I want to know what would a typical day be like for an entry level guy at a big company at JP Morgan or Merrill Lynch... what kind of stuff would he do (like answering phones), how much responsibility he'd have, what his salary and hours would be like, how closely he'd be supervised, how much (if any) he would have any access to $$ or acocunts, how soon he would be promoted...

Also, as far as becoming a stockbroker, what is the process: training, studying for the Series 7, etc...

Basically, I want to know what would happen in the legitimate counterpart of JT Marlin in "Boiler Room," so any info, "tricks of the trade," stories or real-life experiences you could share with me would be very helpful.

Thanks!