Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mixmeister issues

pumavisor808

OK, so I just started using mixmeister but I'm having problems... How do I change the tempo of a song in mixmeister??? I can't find any pitch control. Is there something that does this? I know it has that auto beat mixing thing but I want to change the speed of the entire song. What I tried last night was using Soundforge to edit the track and then mix it with mixmeister. But that's a pain in the ass. Any suggestions???

:confused:

If you change the bpm manually it doesn't change the song at all. For example, if I type in 160bpm for a song that's 130 bpm. The song still runs at its speed. Manually changing the bpm does nothing for that. I think you use that to manually find the bpm and thats it. What I want to do is change the bpm of the track, like you would with pitch control on a turntable. Does anyone know how to do this???

You're right, that BPM thing doesn't work. There is one other thing you can try. At the bottom of the screen below the waveforms of the songs you are mixing, look for red boxes with numbers in them. These boxes are connected with red lines throughout the whole mix. If you click on the box, below the song that you want to adjust, and hold down the mouse button, you can drag the box higher or lower to raise or lower the tempo of the song. Hope that helps.