Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my review of World

realz

Wow.... the line was pretty bad. I dont understand why everybody was kept outside for so long (in the freezing cold) but after the doors opened, people started getting in with ease. Stepped inside to hear Boris spinning. Pretty phat beats even though Im not a fan of that genre.

GIRLS WERE AMAZING

I would have said the ratio was 2 girls to 1 guy (at one point during the night!) and almost every single girl was B-A-N-G-I-N'

Even the girls on the platforms dancing >:] lol

The hiphop rooms system was garbage.. the mainfloor system was sounding pretty hurt as well.

Hopefully, the soundsystem will change.. Party has huge potential!

my friends made me leave around 2am, cause they didnt like it, so we ended up at Blue Claw on 3ave in Brooklyn. As for the 2-1 girls/guy ratio, if this was true maybe me and my friends would have stayed, way to much sausage in there.

The sound system needs a nice upgrade, and the music wasnt bad.

My friend went and said it sucked. The bouncers there are idiots are don't know how to handle a crowd. If you are in a group with 5 guys and 1 girl they let you cut everyone just so they can get more girls in. World is a pretty people spot, and that is all. Their sound system does need work too. I mean come on... the place is in times square, what do you expect.

Any other reviews??

Originally posted by misk

maybe it used to be...but come on...a sat night 18+ party is more like a chuckie cheese spot...not a pretty people place.....

Hehehe, yeah i guess it used to be. There aren't many 18+ parties on Saturdays so I guess all the kiddies are flocking over to world. But it does seem as though a lot of clubs are turning Saturdays to 18, questionable move.

After an hour of line confusions, getting fucked from the get go...finally myself and friends made our way in.....now i knew what i was gettin into when i heard eddie biaz was spinning, but i didnt think the music was ognna suck that much....it was like takeing SF's playlist and removing and progression whatsoever....the crowd was young which i have no problem with...but the vibe BLEW...no one was feeling it except for a few kids cracked outta there minds in there respective corners....i guess the party has potential..but thats only gonna be realative to what talent the bring in. As far as the system, wasnt half bad, granted no Phazon...but hey not everyclub can be as great as twilo was.

Originally posted by realz

Wow.... the line was pretty bad. I dont understand why everybody was kept outside for so long (in the freezing cold)

There was a party at WWF that ran longer than expected.

That's why doors didn't open at 11.

Originally posted by kane00

After an hour of line confusions, getting fucked from the get go...finally myself and friends made our way in.....now i knew what i was gettin into when i heard eddie biaz was spinning, but i didnt think the music was ognna suck that much....it was like takeing SF's playlist and removing and progression whatsoever....the crowd was young which i have no problem with...but the vibe BLEW...no one was feeling it except for a few kids cracked outta there minds in there respective corners....i guess the party has potential..but thats only gonna be realative to what talent the bring in. As far as the system, wasnt half bad, granted no Phazon...but hey not everyclub can be as great as twilo was.

umm...that just gave me a headache.....1.it's baez....2.u don't mind the young crowd but the vibe "BLEW"???~~>the crowd has a lot to do with the vibe..i wasn't there so i cannot comment on how eddie played last night..however i doubt u r correct in putting most of the blame on the dj....the dj does play a part of course...but i doubt any of the children frequenting this party would know the difference between good and bad music anyway~so that my friend probably had a lot to do with the ViBe

I heard there were a lot more males than females inside, that the VIP card holders got screwed (at least some of them), that there was barely any room to move, and that it wasn't that good..

But I did hear a consistent review that the music was decent.. which is always a good thing :D

Originally posted by codica3

that the VIP card holders got screwed (at least some of them),

But I did hear a consistent review that the music was decent.. which is always a good thing smilee

i wouldn't doubt that...i noticed a large stack of V.I.P cards in a tanning salon mixed in with all the flyers and shit....obviously...they are not picky as to who is deserving of V.I.P status

Originally posted by airatomic

what time did it close?

I left at 4:30 AM and the place was still pretty packed.

Whoever Trifecta is, you can obviously tell by all his/her rediculous posts that he or she is trying to make this party look bad.

Seriously though, THERE WERE A LOT OF BEAUTIFUL GIRLS! and I MEAN A LOT... It was like those Twilo days when Sasha & Digweed would spin and girls from all different areas would come out. lol

The first DJ was Boris and I think he did an excellent job. I saw a few characters [ JOE PAPA!! haha if your reading this.... WUTUP! :) ]

I hope some important people come into this party because this party has way too much potential (Thunderpuss VS Anthony Acid, Roger Sanchez, Danny T & Deepdish, George Acosta, Scribbles) The sound system definately needs reinforcement like I said.... and I hear they are doing so with Danny & Deepdish. :)

Originally posted by darrellg

There was a party at WWF that ran longer than expected.

That's why doors didn't open at 11.

i would think its because they just didnt want to let people in for free. the guestlist people inside had no comps, only tickets for reduced admission, which kind of implies they did not even intend to give the promised comps.

and realz, the first dj was baez. boris didnt come on till later, when the music got a bit better. overall, a couple of good songs but i wasnt feeling it at all.

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

i would think its because they just didnt want to let people in for free. the guestlist people inside had no comps, only tickets for reduced admission, which kind of implies they did not even intend to give the promised comps.

and realz, the first dj was baez. boris didnt come on till later, when the music got a bit better. overall, a couple of good songs but i wasnt feeling it at all.

I had a whole bunch of comps... they had comps inside, believe me.. they were being stingy at some points tho

the first DJ was definately Boris. 100% positive.

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

from what i am told....eddie was second....

:rolleyes: Realz don't even try to play that there were girls LIKE FROM SASHA AND DIGWEED OH LORDY HELL NOOOOOO!

This was a pure 18 + thing and it was exactly what I thought it would be. Boris was first on the decks then Eddie. We got some decent pictures. Shouts to all that made it out and MADE IT IN.

SIMON: Glad to see you in a dancing mood ;)

ERNIE: *CHEERS* For Your Dad baby!

Max: Crazy damn Russian!

Eddie: Follow me, damn 97'!

Helen: Next Time you can through out the candy!

Dean: We'll be watching the Variety Show I can't wait to see your "TALENT"!

M.A.S. Security: Joe, Pat, James, and the crew thank you for always keeping us safe.

DINO: KOOKLA MO! Nutty Greek!

Artie: She's cute but is she good?:tongue:

Pi Lamba Phi: My Boys!!!!!!! What up great seeing the whole chapter represent!

Ruthie: Damn girl still gossip gossip gossip! And yeah we still don't look our age!

To all the CPer's much love.

Originally posted by misk

umm...that just gave me a headache.....1.it's baez....2.u don't mind the young crowd but the vibe "BLEW"???~~>the crowd has a lot to do with the vibe..i wasn't there so i cannot comment on how eddie played last night..however i doubt u r correct in putting most of the blame on the dj....the dj does play a part of course...but i doubt any of the children frequenting this party would know the difference between good and bad music anyway~so that my friend probably had a lot to do with the ViBe

"i dont mind the young crowd" meaning im not a person to care of its all teeny boppers or an older crowd ...as long as everyone is feeling the party thats there age is not going to bother me. 2) by no means am i putting all/most the blame on the dj for everyone...however for me that was a big issue....hard house isnt my thing, however i do believe that playing to your audience is a good idea....i cant speak for everyone there..but by the majority of people not danceing that would showsme that your not enjoying the music. so....why not change it up a lil....see if u get a reaction out of the crowd. thats all