Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is It True?

Yes this is very true, I went to miami in december. Its a fun city but unless your 21 your not getting into any clubs. They are trying to keep it a nice city, because they don't want the spring breakers coming in and fucking up the place. Plus the clubs are nothing like they are in nyc.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

My bad Beb it's a curfew on the town meaning if they catch you onthe street they make you go home. Club there is no 18 + clubs in Miami. Had to clarify.

oh i get it.. I still could not imagine living in a town with a curfew... weird

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

My bad Beb it's a curfew on the town meaning if they catch you onthe street they make you go home. Club there is no 18 + clubs in Miami. Had to clarify.

And it's easy to catch the youngins too. Many of the good clubs in Miami are located on one strip, Washington Ave, and the cops just wait there, busting people every so often. The cars on the strip move very slowly because the area is jam packed with traffic, so they will pull you out of you car too if they suspect you are underage or have contraband.

Not only that, but the Miami Gang Task Force is often out and in full effect. These guys don't play around. Don't let them mistake you for a gangster. I had a friend (who happened to be wearing yellow and black, unfortunately for him the colors of the Latin Kingsâ„¢) arrested (the colors were a pretense for a search, they found some "stuff" on him upon search) outside of Shadowlounge by these guys, two of which were wearing ski masks and did not particularly handle my friend gently.

-Juice :afro:

Originally posted by o-jay®

And it's easy to catch the youngins too. Many of the good clubs in Miami are located on one strip, Washington Ave, and the cops just wait there, busting people every so often. The cars on the strip move very slowly because the area is jam packed with traffic, so they will pull you out of you car too if they suspect you are underage or have contraband.

Not only that, but the Miami Gang Task Force is often out and in full effect. These guys don't play around. Don't let them mistake you for a gangster. I had a friend (who happened to be wearing yellow and black, unfortunately for him the colors of the Latin Kings™) arrested (the colors were a pretense for a search, they found some "stuff" on him upon search) outside of Shadowlounge by these guys, two of which were wearing ski masks and did not particularly handle my friend gently.

:eek: thats horrible :(

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

So what are people under 21 supposed to do after 12? Plus,

doesnt this hurt the local economy, especially in a big city?

The amount of money lost by the curfew is probably a pittance. Miami derives much of its revenues from its role as a hub for international trade.

If I recall correctly, one of the original proponents of the curfew law said something to the effect of "Miami Beach became a tereny bopper town. We needed to change that image." And it's not like you just get a warning either. The police have options in enforcing the curfew, they can give the violator warning, taken home, fined or faced with time at a juvenile detention center.

Remember though, this applies if you're under 17 except in some areas where the curfew age can be higher as cotoncandy alluded to.

I feel bad because I know there are people that come from all over to the Winter Music Conference and they are all psyched about partying and since they are underage and didn't know they usually get screwed and can't even go to the good parties. It's not like NY like if you know someone then it's all good. They are crazy about shit like this down there. LOL If you are coming to WMC BRING ID LOL