Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whose Been To Ibiza??

I was there last summer and it lots of fun. But to answer your questions:

1) I stayed at the Hotel Rocamar and it was a dump. It should be renamed the Roach Hotel but the price was very cheap but I'd avoid it all costs. There was a hotel called Ocean Drive next to us that looked very nice. As for picking a hotel make sure it's either in or close to Ibiza town. That's where most of the action is.

2) Spending cash? Plan to spend quite a bit. Cover charges for clubs run between $25-$40. Drinks in clubs are like Manhattan prices too. The food there's not expensive though. Before hitting the clubs go down to the port in Ibiza town and there's a whole strip of bars where everybody goes to meet up. Lots of club promoters are there handing out flyers that will give you reduced admission so take advantage.

3) Another tip is that if you plan on hitting clubs like Privelege and Amnesia that are outside of Ibiza town rent a scooter. Getting a taxi there is a logistical nightmare. There's a bus that goes around too but it made New York subways during rush hour look like a dream.

Any other questions feel free to ask. Have fun!

If you're going in July then you'll be fine. The season there keeps going until the end of September and usually starts in June. I don't know if I'd rent a car for it can get really expensive and gas in Europe usually runs $4-$5 a gallon. I just found the scooters more convenient. For fun day trips go to Bora Bora and Salinas beach.

ok well i never been to ibiza, i am going late june into july.

but i do know alot about the place, ive been doing my research for awhile. so.... i do have to agree with homersimpson you really do wanns stay in or close to ibiza town, im staying in Playa d'en Bossa, which is close, and bora bora and space are just a few min. walk from the hotel. the best site or the one i like the most to check out hotels is http://www.thefirstresort.com/ im hoping to book it sometime this week.

I'm planning on going in late August, and have been researching all the hotels & flights. On the internet the only site I found with deals from NY was www.bringiton.com but they seem to be a bit pricey.

I also contact Liberty Travel in nyc and they only had 2 hotel options:

1.) Los Molinos Hotel (Figueretas) for $1495/inc. airfare

2.) Royal Plaza Hotel (Ibiza town) for $1699/inc. airfare

Does anyone know any other travel agents with good deals from NY to ibiza (most internet ones are only from England to Ibiza) & who can get good deals on hotels WITH air-conditioning in Playa de en bossa????

Thanks

Originally posted by mikethehammer

actully im going to use www.bringiton.com also. did u check the clubbing packages, the go from 1,500 to 1,700 and from everything i found that was the cheap

I did check out the clubbers package, but many of those hotels don't have air-conditioning and ac is something I have to have, especially since I'm gong in August (the hottest month).

I can't imagine recovering from a hang over in a hot sticky room, with a ceiling fan blowing warm air:eek:

Originally posted by india22

but many of those hotels don't have air-conditioning and ac is something I have to have, especially since I'm gong in August (the hottest month).

well with hose hotels on almost all of them u can upgrade the package for a/c tv etc. but i dont think its worth it, what u can do when u talk to the people u can but a request for a/c then they'll call the hotel and see if its posible for u to get a room with a/c. like i said just talk to the people and tell them the deal, and thell see what they can do

Originally posted by mikethehammer

well with hose hotels on almost all of them u can upgrade the package for a/c tv etc. but i dont think its worth it, what u can do when u talk to the people u can but a request for a/c then they'll call the hotel and see if its posible for u to get a room with a/c. like i said just talk to the people and tell them the deal, and thell see what they can do

Yeah, I actually called bringiton directly and they said they could put in a request to the hotels that have "AC As An Option", but they firmly stated nothing can be guaranteed when it comes to AC, & most of the other hotels don't have any at all.

I guess I'll be shelling out more money to stay in the AC hotels.

Originally posted by india22

Yeah, I actually called bringiton directly and they said they could put in a request to the hotels that have "AC As An Option", but they firmly stated nothing can be guaranteed when it comes to AC, & most of the other hotels don't have any at all.

I guess I'll be shelling out more money to stay in the AC hotels.

yea i know its suxs but i heard its worth it to have a/c.

Don't get a scooter...you'll get runover by the buses. Rent a car if you have to..

Make sure you go to Club Space on Sunday...it's the sickest party I've ever been to. Steve Lawler, Sasha, etc.....silly partying!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't even begun to look at parties yet...trying to get everything booked first before I start to get excited about going. Hotel is first on my list...hopefully by tonight. Has anyone stayed at Rocarmar or El Corso? Those are the 2 that I am looking at right now.

Originally posted by roxxy0131

I am having a hard time finding hotels that aren't booked already. Any suggestions on places to stay or websites to look at? Going July 26-Aug 6th most likely.

roxxy,

Did you also try Bring it on. I hope they're not booked also. It seems like they're the best agency out there for Ibiza.