Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So is this Pete Moutso character DC's version of Tony Draper?

highmay

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Actually, I used to go to Glow quite often a few years back. My weekly routine used to be Buzz Friday, Glow Saturday. And I used to hear Pete Moutso quite often. And initially, I have to admit, I enjoyed it. But then I saw the light. And I realized that Pete can't hold Scott Henry's jock. And then I realized that the more I got into the music, the less I liked Pete. And now, I get an automatic gag reflex anytime I hear Moutso's brand of trance. Jaded? Maybe. On to bigger and better things? Possibly. Tired of his brand of music? Most definitely.

I consider trance to be like the pot of dance music. Just like pot is the gateway drug to the harder stuff, trance is the gateway music to other stuff. Just something about it that has appeal to the masses. And that's not to say that everyone moves on. Just like there will always be strictly potheads, there will always be strictly tranceheads. But moving on to some of the other stuff, at least for me - it's kinda like shooting me up with heroin once, and then expecting me to be satisfied with pot and only pot once again. Nothing against Moutso personally, but when you're an addict, and you can't get your fix, you end up hatin' real fast.

Hahahahhaa Shady, you have a drug metaphor for everything! I never said anything about Scott Henry, because he definitely kicks ass and the skill level is hugely up there, so I kinda figured it needn't be said. I prefer deep, tribal house over any trance and most other stuff, and so I understand exactly what you mean. But if you consider Moutso to be like pot, then figure Tony Draper would be the equivalent of keystone light beer. ;)

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

But if you consider Moutso to be like pot, then figure Tony Draper would be the equivalent of keystone light beer. ;)

Damn. You wouldn't even consider Draper to be dirt weed? Keystone Light? Ewwwwwwww... Actually, I'm kinda curious to see this guy spin now. I may be his number one fan just because I think it would be quite amusing to see this guy trainwreck hard at a big venue! :D

Actually, I'm kinda curious to see this guy spin now. I may be his number one fan just because I think it would be quite amusing to see this guy trainwreck hard at a big venue! :D

well if you are...it's rumored he's doin SF fridays now...

go check him out...but make sure you get in for free...youll be beyond pissed when you leave that club knowing you paid $30 to hear him disgrace himself...

Damn. You wouldn't even consider Draper to be dirt weed? Keystone Light? Ewwwwwwww... Actually, I'm kinda curious to see this guy spin now. I may be his number one fan just because I think it would be quite amusing to see this guy trainwreck hard at a big venue! :D

I'm with you Shady. If I heard him and it turned out that after 6 months of doing it I spin better than him then he'd be my favorite DJ.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

He "disgraces himself" hahahaha... it sounds like he messes his pants in front of everyone or something. Maybe that's how he's lasted so long - everyone goes to hear him cause he's so bad it makes everyone else feel better? gives them a good laugh?

"Phew, what's that smell???"

"Aw, it's just Draper, he disgraced himself again."