Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How many MP3's do you have?

shadygroovedc

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Yeah. But it's the laziness thing of actually having to go out and get a spindle of blanks. And then burning 20 blanks. With an 8x writer, that'll take almost 200 hours! :mad:

you only have an 8x writer? one would think that a tech freak like ur self would have a faster writer, but after installing Phazon in your attic you might be a little short on $$$

Originally posted by dcsglow

2 terabytes, bitch.:mad:

Being the network/systems computer engineer unix hacker geek that I am, I know damn well that you are full of shit! There aren't even drives near that size for sale to the public and for a person to have terabyte they would need either a SANS or RAID solution. These devices are comprised of hundred of hard drives with the largest drive being I believe 160GB. BTW, a 2 terabyte solution cost about $650,000.

Originally posted by crownroyal

Being the network/systems computer engineer unix hacker geek that I am, I know damn well that you are full of shit! There aren't even drives near that size for sale to the public and for a person to have terabyte they would need either a SANS or RAID solution. These devices are comprised of hundred of hard drives with the largest drive being I believe 160GB. BTW, a 2 terabyte solution cost about $650,000.

OMFG! no you dit-ent....

ok...you are now ***OFFICALLLY* A LOSER!!! which means i cant hang out with you anymore.

Originally posted by crownroyal

Damn, you're a geek. And I'm a fucking geek cause I was thinking the exact same thing.

OMFG! no you dit-ent....

ok...you are now ***OFFICALLLY* A LOSER!!! which means i cant hang out with you anymore.

ROFL! Don't get me started foolio, you know where I work and what I do.

LoSeR? Uhh did you forget who brought those girls around? BTW, I found some new ones lol

you wouldnt be talking about...

having three or more devices of kinda the same size, you want to combine them into a larger device, but still have a degree of redundancy for data safety.......eventually you have a number of devices to use as spare-disks, that will not take part in the array before another device fails, like a piece of shit.

Set the jiggith jizzoun up like this uglies (etc, raidtab)

raiddev /dev/md0

raid-level 5

nr-raid-disks 7

nr-spare-disks 0

persistent-superblock 1

parity-algorithm left-symmetric

chunk-size 32

device /dev/sda3

raid-disk 0

device /dev/sdb1

raid-disk 1

device /dev/sdc1

raid-disk 2

device /dev/sdd1

raid-disk 3

device /dev/sde1

raid-disk 4

device /dev/sdf1

raid-disk 5

device /dev/sdg1

raid-disk 6

...and you thought i was 19, young, dumb and full of cum. tsk tsk tsk:laugh:

you wouldnt be talking about...

having three or more devices of kinda the same size, you want to combine them into a larger device, but still have a degree of redundancy for data safety.......eventually you have a number of devices to use as spare-disks, that will not take part in the array before another device fails, like a piece of shit.

Umm no. You just described "mirroring" which for 2 terabytes would be quite silly unless your the NSA or something. You would have to be doing RAID "striping" to store 2 terabytes of mp3's without being silly. RAID mirroring at 2 Terabytes (of usable space) would cost close to $2 million dollars.

I know cause we just bought one at 1.5 terabytes. No not mirroring, but striping.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

:laugh:

I like how Jimi-Jack cut and pasted that shit from the Internet, and then just strategically placed words like "jiggouth jizzoun" in random places to make it sound like his own.

damn your good:( i guess its cause you're a corn star:D