Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ecstacy ~ gateway drug

bkissa

fuck yes its a gateway drug.

I think the average thinking goes like this.

"Hmmm.. Ecstacy isn't anything like I expected and the government/establishment exagerated all the risks. I wonder if they exagerated all their anti-drug claims? Guess Ill try them all and find out :) "

any drug can be a gateway drug depends on who u know and where u are i think..shit my gateway drug was meth with a little pcp tossed in for the fuck of it...bad way to start..but o well...the more the media hypes it and talks about it the more kids want to do it...'dont do it, its bad, blah blah' u tell me not to do something and my reaction is "why not? is it really bad? have u done it?" then i move onto 'hey i wanna try it to see what its like' and then onto other things...i think the gateway drugs are cigs\alch and weed...most people do those first then get into other things...even tho personally i skipped all 3 and hit the hard shit first...

oops :)

hell fucken yea its a gateway drug. people think its the safest drug there is since there is no SCIENTIFIC proof of long term damage and once they try e, they read up on drugs that are just a tad bit more dangerous and a little more... it keeps building. i speak from experience

Personally i think its all in you. If you have an addictive personality you tend to try *New* things, get hooked on stuff, etc...I think E is only a Gateway type drug after many uses. Think about it...how many times do you say to yourself the day after you roll...hmm...I wonder what else i could do? Hmm...or maybe its just me.

e is definitely a gateway drug

first i was like....well, ill just pop a pill and that will be enough (it was a big deal at the time) then it was....well, lets try a bump of k....then coke....now its like, ok lets munch a pill and do a whole jar

shit gets out of hand way too fast

BG

e is definitely a gateway drug

first i was like....well, ill just pop a pill and that will be enough (it was a big deal at the time) then it was....well, lets try a bump of k....then coke....now its like, ok lets munch a pill and do a whole jar

shit gets out of hand way too fast

BG

My thoughts exactly. At first, e's a big deal, and then you're like, forget e, give me another jar.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by roadrunner

Gateway to fun.

Ha ha! That's funny!

Yeah, I think it's totally a gateway drug. For one thing, it doesn't last all that long. Some people I know like to do something different when they start coming down. Because E relies on a buildup of existing, natural chemicals in your body, I think there's a limit to how much effect you can get out of doing more. Definitely a case of diminishing returns.

It seems that, if both components are available, it's only a matter of time before a roller will start candy flipping. Also, it seems there are a lot of people that like to do shots of alcohol (DRUG!!!) or light a spliff when they start coming down.

All drugs are gateway drugs. Because curiosity and desire rule.

E is one of the easiest drugs to start because it IS just a little pill (and we are a pill taking society, so it doesnt feel "dirty".

As a socity we can say:

DONT DRINK

DONT SMOKE

DONT INJECT

but can we say DONT TAKE PILLS?!? exactly.

Ecstasy the gateway drug? I'm not too sure. I smoked plenty of weed before trying E. But then I drank plenty of alcohol before trying weed. So are alcohol and tobaco the gateway drugs for illicit behavior? Who knows since tobaco and alcohol are legal and socially acceptable. I think curiousity and the need to try out new things are more influential into trying out K and cocainel for the first time. At least it was for me.