Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kuro

Yo Shady

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by Kuro

I guess if anyone else thinks they can help, please do, but Shady's come through with the trainspotting whenever I've asked so...

go to www.djstevelawler.com and then go to the diary section of the page. What is the song playing?

Shady, while you are figuring out songs, what is the song that is playing on the boeing commercial. f you don't know which one just watch CNN for a while and it wll come on.

also, ho can i keep from getting shocked when touching my mixer or turntables, I have put dryer sheets under the slipmats and it has help a little but hasn't stopped it. If it keeps getting worse I think i will have to ground myself to the mixer and that could be painful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by therunner

Shady, while you are figuring out songs, what is the song that is playing on the boeing commercial. f you don't know which one just watch CNN for a while and it wll come on.

also, ho can i keep from getting shocked when touching my mixer or turntables, I have put dryer sheets under the slipmats and it has help a little but hasn't stopped it. If it keeps getting worse I think i will have to ground myself to the mixer and that could be painful.

Dryer sheets won't ground your mixer. Or you. Your mixer should have rubber feet, so it should be grounded. If it doesn't, then put something rubber underneath the metal where it touches the table.

If that doesn't work, or if your mixer has rubber feet, then you may need to insulate yourself. Get a rubber mat to stand on in front of your mixer. Or make sure you wear shoes with thick rubber soles.

If that doesn't work, then you've got too much static juice. Try a humidifier next to your setup on dry days.

BTW, is it just a static shock, or is it a massive power jolt? Cause if it's a massive power jolt, then your power supply on you mixer may be shorting out a little, which is a bigger problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Dryer sheets won't ground your mixer. Or you. Your mixer should have rubber feet, so it should be grounded. If it doesn't, then put something rubber underneath the metal where it touches the table.

If that doesn't work, or if your mixer has rubber feet, then you may need to insulate yourself. Get a rubber mat to stand on in front of your mixer. Or make sure you wear shoes with thick rubber soles.

If that doesn't work, then you've got too much static juice. Try a humidifier next to your setup on dry days.

BTW, is it just a static shock, or is it a massive power jolt? Cause if it's a massive power jolt, then your power supply on you mixer may be shorting out a little, which is a bigger problem.

It's static shock. And I have taken my shoes off and it is not as bad. But i know the shcoks can't be good for the electical stuff inside and I as already considering a rubber mat. I talked to the guy who I bought the setup from and he said he never got shocked using it, so it must be the dry weather or just the building that I am in. I don't get shocked everytime I touch it just when I play a record, gofuck around on the computer and then go back to change records I know I am in for a shock. I feel like the guy from Office Space when he goes to touch the door knob in the office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by therunner

It's static shock. And I have taken my shoes off and it is not as bad. But i know the shcoks can't be good for the electical stuff inside and I as already considering a rubber mat. I talked to the guy who I bought the setup from and he said he never got shocked using it, so it must be the dry weather or just the building that I am in. I don't get shocked everytime I touch it just when I play a record, gofuck around on the computer and then go back to change records I know I am in for a shock. I feel like the guy from Office Space when he goes to touch the door knob in the office.

i though u wer getting eloctrucuted every time :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×