Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oooops!!

I almost fucked up already this morning....i sat down to have breakfast (bacon egg and cheese) and one of my co workers goes "what do u think u are doin?" ... "it's ash wed and u were gonna just chow down on that". ooops, its a good thing he reminded me, have to remember no steaks for fri night before the club :(. oh well i guess there are worse things ...

Originally posted by godfatherbam

nahhh its all good...i dont wanna burn in hell for a stupid reason like that, now if i do cause im fucked up all the time well then so be it :D

Well, I guess i'm all set, because of I have plenty of other things to burn in hell for... So whatever I eat/have eaten today isn't really going to play into it...

Originally posted by lowmazda

You're going to burn in hell for eating a BEC?

Maybe that is the reason I never bothered w/ religion.

Sounds a little nutty for me.

<insert lowmazda's anti-religion rant here>

:)

I have to agree. I mean there are some things about religion I can understand... okay, you're going to hell if you kill someone, fine, I don't believe in hell but that's a pretty good rule to follow regardless... but eating meat on the wrong day?

Shrug- I'll just never understand.

Originally posted by tastyt

I have to agree. I mean there are some things about religion I can understand... okay, you're going to hell if you kill someone, fine, I don't believe in hell but that's a pretty good rule to follow regardless... but eating meat on the wrong day?

Shrug- I'll just never understand.

I don't think anyone (aside from possibly my grandmother) actually believes you'll go to hell for eating something on the wrong day. It's kind of like an old, beat-up joke with Catholics "Uh oh, I did <insert random sin here> I'm going to hell!" You don't really mean it.

I could easily see why anyone would think it's stupid to not eat meat on Fridays. But, just about every religion has some eating/fasting rule. It reminds you that personal sacrafice (no matter how trivial) is difficult, and gives you an appreciation for what you have.

That being said, this is the first Ash Wed. in like 10 years I didn't accidently eat meat. I had a fillet-o-fish :puke: