Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Heads Up

crownroyal

This is from an ATF report I recieved, take it seriously.

Subject: THREAT UPDATE

Importance: High

Ladies and gentlemen,

ALERT!!! ALERT!!! ALERT!!! ESPECIALLY SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

BOMB SQUADS!!!!!!!!

For your information,

On 2/6/02, a phone call I recieved a phonecall from an FBI SA in Lancaster, CA. He advised that shortly before he called me he had received a call from an anonymous female in CA indicating that she had something that had been bothering her for a couple of weeks.

She advised that she had been at the WAL-MART store in

Stevenson Ranch, CA (about 50 miles northwest of Los Angeles) on 1/15/02 when she observed a Middle Eastern looking male in the checkout line in front of her. He was buying propane tanks, BBs and oversized stuffed Teddy Bears.

She watched as he paid cash for these items and walked out of the store after the transaction was completed. No description of the male or his vehicle was available.

The FBI SA in Lancaster went to the store in question and

after an intense investigation was able to confirm, via stored receipts, that an individual did, on the date indicated by the anonymous female, purchase via a cash transaction, the following items:

1. 9 stuffed Teddy Bears, 16-18 inches in length, white in

color, with red ears, red feet and a red heart on the chest on which is written "I love you".

2. 7 2-paks (14 total) of propane canisters, 16.4 oz each

3. 12 packs of Daisy BBs , 350 BBs in each pack

There is a video surveillance tape available and said tape

was reviewed by the FBI SA. He indicated that, while the tape was grainy, the person in question did appear to be Middle Eastern. Investigation into the identity and whereabouts of this person is ongoing. This information is being passed on to each Bomb Squad Commander and his/her XO with a request

to have said info and pics relayed to each bomb tech on each squad.

If attacks are coming (and I happen to believe that they ARE coming) then there's really not much you can do about it. For every report that gets investigated which may or may not turn out to be nothing how many more possible threats are overlooked. Bombs are easy to make and there are lots of soft targets in this country. Unless you plan to stay in your house forever it's best to just go on as usual.

Guest jroo

well, i guess its a good thing that you cant buy dentonators at wal-mart, or c-4 for that matter, i really dont think that you can hook up an alarm clock to make a propane tank blow up. so, unless kmart sells that shit then im thinking that a middle eastern man with teddy bears and bb's arent a threat yet. post another message when he gets a dentonator. so if i go to the store and buy an amonia cleaner and some bleach are all you guys gonna accuse me of trying to make chlorine gas? im just messing around. i understand the possible threat there with the teddy bears that say "i love you"

Sounds like the guy really hates Valentines Day and was getting prepared...you know, have a little cook out (cuz his ex girlfriend was vegetarian and would never eat stuff cooked on a grill used to cook his hamburger and hotdogs).....then he was gonna target practice (with the ex's picture taped to the teddy bears) with a bb gun.

And you thought you were going to have a bad valentine's day....

Ok, so the guy buys bears, propane tanks and bb's, What else did he buy?? Thats something you have to watch out for when reading Intel reports like that. The guy might have also bought 12 V-day cards for all his wives too. He also could've bought the grills to go with the tanks. But th lady only saw the tanks or just didn't want to report it. And if the guy was going to stuff the bears with the tanks and bb's, WHY? A car bomb works much better and has a lot more visibility than exploding bears.

Also where did you get the report? 99.9% (Guessing but it is up there) of all FBI reports are classified, usually Top Secret for agent and source protection. So this report that you have has more than likely been so sanitized that most of the intel has been removed and all you get now is something to try and scare you. CNN does it a lot!! They will take something and not know the whole truth and start reporting it like it actually hapened. the best thing to do is be aware of who and what is around you and don't be afraid t call the police if someting wierd ishappening. Trust me that the police would rather go on 100 bogus calls than go to one terrorist tragedy.

Originally posted by vicman

that guy must be some dumb ass, he could've boughtthe teddy bears at WalMart and then gone to Home Depot and bought the rest of the stuff and noone would have noticed

Precisely why I find this report dubious, at best. It's possible that the guy could be just some dumbass twisted loner acting alone and actually up to something. But actual internationsal terrorists have training and established methods which include a few common sense things like buying "red flag" items in sperate places. I won't even go into the details about what bomb-making techniques I think a terrorist would use because I categorically deny having any knowledge of explosives, their manufacture, or usage.

Originally posted by Kuro

Precisely why I find this report dubious, at best. It's possible that the guy could be just some dumbass twisted loner acting alone and actually up to something. But actual internationsal terrorists have training and established methods which include a few common sense things like buying "red flag" items in sperate places. I won't even go into the details about what bomb-making techniques I think a terrorist would use because I categorically deny having any knowledge of explosives, their manufacture, or usage.

h emight as well should've ordered the ready made bombs from bomb-r-us and wait for the thorugh the mail