Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior @ Limelight!!

ckdc1

This is taken from another board:

Ooana style...well that means...I'm gonna leave most of the trainspotting to the masters (although the two meistros weren't there! Tup, Mikeny, was downright WEIRD hearing Junior without you two there. You were definitely missed)and talk mostly about how the party "felt" for me.

Also, if this is too long for ya, too bad. Just...don't read it.

Arrived real early, 11:30, and Rubin was still spinning hard tech/deep house. The space was relatively empty at this hour and actually downright chilly But it was cozy and overall the vibe was very warm although at first the energy was low.

The space always had enough room to dance somewhere which was a nice change from the past LL experiences which were way way too crowded in my opinion. Sure, lots of people bring the energy up but if I can't dance I get frustrated. Plus...I'm a claustrophobic

The pacing of his set was very different than what we've grown accustom to at Earth. He went straight into vocals very quickly and stayed there most of the night. Noticbly absent his transition tracks like "Movin On"

This party was much more of a "classics" night than the last "classics" party. I heard folks mentioning Tunnel, SF and Arena tracks. I'll leave those listings to the extraoridinary trainspoters.

The energy level was a bit low (not by any fault of Junior, imho...he was playing exactly what many of us had been itching to hear...hard house, some tech house and vocals started real real early on and just kept goin')I think due to the weeknight and that we've got a huge weekend ahead of us with White, Alegria, Redhot etc. until Loni Gordon sang. Then, the crowd cheared her so much after "Last Dance" that she actually had a hard time getting off stage

It was good to see John Blair wandering around checking the party out. Its rare to see that now adays. He seemed to genuinely have an interest in how the party was going.

Junior ended the night with saying "Maybe see you here again in 2003" which was interesting to say the least. I'd love to see Blair and Junior working together again.

Some fav moments for me:

-"I Wanna Know (Pure Energy)"- was great to hear this track again since for me its a insta-return to Twilo. Thanks to my twilo pals who share this with me...and of course...

-"Thieves in the Temple" 2001 - See above. This song is such a treat now that its not plaid regularly.

(grkboy please don't have an anurism on me ::grins and winks::

-"Reep 2001" - Mmm yummy Vernessa.

-"Keep Control" by Sono - Fantastic production on this track and it never ceases to get the crowd going crazy.

-Portions of "Canto De Liberata" by 3rd Face. Sorry Mikey I still love it something about this track just feels so damn sexy to me and I adore moving to it.

Junior played a few more tracks from the last year of Twilo which definitely made this girl giddy. What can I say, despite how much I'm enjoying Earth I still miss my w27th. If Only he's played "The Cure." I'm itching to hear that track again.

Overall I think it was a good party. It wasn't one of my favorites, especially since Junior ending at 6am just FEELS wrong . It was definitely a different from norm "junior experience" but, that was just what I needed. It was more lighthearted and less "intense" if that makes any sense than Junior's after hour sets can be. It was a great warm up for Redhot.

If no one else gives a tracklisting I'll put my thinking cap on and pull one together for ya'all