Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wondering

kaydup

I'm definitely with you man!!

I've heard of a few things, but have yet to check them out. First on the list is Pheonix Landing on Wednesdays... from what I hear, this night is awesome. First off, anyone willing to go to a smallish bar on Wed. is definitely going there for the music. Then secondly, I heard a rumor that Derrick Carter will be there sometime in March... that's a hell of a booking for a Wed. night!

I also recently got an e-mail about another night. It's at a bar in Fanuel Hall called The Point. It's honestly the ONLY bar I like in Fanuel Hall (I f'ing HATE the cheesey bars there). The place is really nice, it's kind of set away from everything so there isn't much of a crowd, the drinks are great (nice and strong :cool: ), and from whta the e-mail said they're starting up a very chill house night. According to the e-mail it's way laid back and for people who just want to hear some good house music. It even said they'd move tables and stuff around if you wanted to dance! I guess the night is most weekends and randomly switches between fridays and saturdays.

That's my $.02, if anyone's interested in hitting these places up, esp. Pheonix Landing, let me know!

kay,

We have some fookin vulcan mind meld or something cuz I was thinking the exact same thing.

Actaully I was gonna email a friend of mine and say we should start a night, chill lounge scene on maybe a Wed. or Sat. or some kinda off night. Off course the beats would be phat, progressive is my scene but it's all good. Maybe have a few guest spots, but a resident's night.

The most important part of the night would be making the VIBE the best it could possibly be. That means making people comfertable, happy, entertained in the lounge suroundings. I was thinking I would reinvest 100% of any $$ right back into the night to make the people happy, free stuff, dancers, whatever keeps the vibe nice and fresh.

We won't need much promotions b/c the night would speek for itself via word of mouth. We wouldn't need to be the biggest, badest, most pretentious night or anything, just QUALITY.

OK, I know the talent, who has the space (preferably in the city)?

Peace,

Dave Wagz

www.omniedge.com/wagz.htm

Originally posted by kaydup

Do we have any places that are chill and you can go listen to some local guys spin. I am leaning towards no, but not sure. And if no, we need a night somewhere chill that is just about the music. :idea: Who is with me:)

A chill night def sounds good! I'm with ya!;)

Originally posted by djresident

kay,

We have some fookin vulcan mind meld or something cuz I was thinking the exact same thing.

Actaully I was gonna email a friend of mine and say we should start a night, chill lounge scene on maybe a Wed. or Sat. or some kinda off night. Off course the beats would be phat, progressive is my scene but it's all good. Maybe have a few guest spots, but a resident's night.

The most important part of the night would be making the VIBE the best it could possibly be. That means making people comfertable, happy, entertained in the lounge suroundings. I was thinking I would reinvest 100% of any $$ right back into the night to make the people happy, free stuff, dancers, whatever keeps the vibe nice and fresh.

We won't need much promotions b/c the night would speek for itself via word of mouth. We wouldn't need to be the biggest, badest, most pretentious night or anything, just QUALITY.

OK, I know the talent, who has the space (preferably in the city)?

Peace,

Dave Wagz

www.omniedge.com/wagz.htm

This sounds like a really good idea, but I have no idea how to go about doing it. How would we find a space?? Would we have to front money, or would the bar/club/lounge worry about that? Could we just walk into a random places and ask if they like the idea??

Resident, good to see you back here too!!! :D

ohhhhh I am liking where this is going:D Brian where is that bar at fanuiel because I am down for that and Pheonix!

We just need to find a small place with a sound system, and tell them that we could fill it. Because this is something that if done, people really into the music will show up. That would be soooo phat, have a resident or just a kind of open decks. I smell a plan brewing:idea:

Thanks man, I've been lurking for a while, hehe.

Ok I'm fronting cause I don't know much about putting a real night together. BUT, I thought if I had a really clear, well thought out idea along with a phat mixe my chances would be better.

I've tried walking into a place and getting a night, we even gaurenteed at least 50-100 people (when I used to know a lot of people in college) and the guy was just like hell no. Ok it was at Ri-Ra's (An Tua Nua) and the guy owns the Pheonix LAnding so another electronic night on Wednesday was not gonna happen for him, I guess, that's what the manager told us anyways.

My very simplified understanding of the situation is that you get people to show up and have a good time. The manager/owner of the space gets $$ from the bar and the door, and they pay the talent, promotors whatever from that $$. I say take that money and reinvest it completely in stuff to improve the night, my $0.02.

If someone knows a manager, owner, works at a place where something like this can work I think it's a phat idea. Appartently some people agree too!

Drew, I'm not exactly sure of the address of the bar, but to get to it, you walk passed Hennesey's, The Tap, Bell In Hand, and all the crappy bars on that street. At the last bar (It's either the Tap or Bell in Hand), Take a right and the Point is the next door down.

We found it by accident one night. My friends were all in that last bar and there was an awful, awful band. One of them went to buy cigarrettes and came back saying, "There's a bar with no cover, no band and now crowd that DOESN'T suck right next door. One trip and we were hooked. Small crowd, great waitresses/bar-tenders and a really nice space... can't be beat!

This lounge night sounds like a really good plan (this would be a sweet side-project/hobby). I don't think Au Tua Nua would be the place for it though... we'd need to look at a space that's a little more loungy. There's a bar opening up where the North East Brewing Co. used to be on Comm Ave. called Tonic. I know nothing about it, but the space would be perfect, and since they haven't opened yet, they may be up for some new ideas. Anyone else know of any good spaces? Is there anything we can do to help this idea along? :confused:

We use to do stuff like this in CT but that was easier because I knew more people. Also it might just be me, but I think a lot of DJ's would want to throw down at a night like this for free. Who knows what could come of this idea ya know.

We use to do stuff like this in CT but that was easier because I knew more people. Also it might just be me, but I think a lot of DJ's would want to throw down at a night like this for free. Who knows what could come of this idea ya know.

well they do an open decks night in the city at a lounge. get the fledgling boston talent in bc they are always willing to play for free just to get out there. what about emilys? or is that not around anymore?

Originally posted by nycchic24

well they do an open decks night in the city at a lounge. get the fledgling boston talent in bc they are always willing to play for free just to get out there. what about emilys? or is that not around anymore?

Where is Emily's??

From what I've seen Boston has no shortage of DJ's who want to get their name out there! I'm sure most any of them would be excited to be playing anywhere, so playing for free would not be an issue!

I just wonder if there would be enough people to support this idea on an off-night like Wednesday.

Brian I will definatly have to check that place out!

I think the crowd we would draw would be people like us that are into the vibe, music, and just chilling. It wouldn't have to be an amazing looking place ya know. Just a little place that we could hang. Hmmm time to real think about this one:idea:

I always wonder what the deal is with that place the Blue Cat Cafe, across from the old tower. I just say this because it is very loungy and has tables that you can see as you walk by it

Drew, the space is perfect, but the bar/lounge isn't going to be open for a while. They just cleared out the old N.E. Brewing company last week and since then they just put a sign on the front saying something along the lines of, "Tonic, a bar/restaraunt/lounge opening ??? (can't remember when)" But, with a name like Tonic and a space as inviting as it used to be, it sounds like a perfect match!

The Blue Cat Cafe would be an ideal place for a night like this, but I kind of doubt management would go for it. It's very ummm... upity. I know they have a DJ spin acid-jazz type stuff there, but I don't know if they'd go for full-out house (and progressive :) ) It's definitely worth looking into though, it's such a key location!

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I've never heard of Emily's, but I very rarely make the haul to Downtown Crossing. What is/was it like there?? Did they play a lot of house/progressive type music?

I haven't been there in years. I think it is a hugh BC hangout, and I think it is all popular crap music

I think everyone should defiantly check out steve porter & Co.

at hybernia.

a small place and great music...100% vibe

the best part about that attitude (lets find something new)

is you get in your car with your buddies and see what the night brings.

sometimes you find a nic spot...sometimes you dont.

also check out

life @ vapor

but honestly...save uo some $$$ head to the north end..get a nice dinner, head into the city with an open mind.

theres alot to do.

Ive been at the purple shamrock for almost 5 years now,

its cheesy as hell.( we dont play 80's or shit)

its classic & new hiphop...and a lil house

but its always well over capacity, every saturday.

so, people are diggin it..and have been for 20 years.

we as clubbers and djs are quick to judge.

not everyone thinks like us.

also (to toot my horn) fluid sundays is all local djs,

www.geocities.com/djjoshuacarl/fluid

its all vibe

Originally posted by djjoshuacarl1

I think everyone should defiantly check out steve porter & Co.

at hybernia.

a small place and great music...100% vibe

the best part about that attitude (lets find something new)

is you get in your car with your buddies and see what the night brings.

sometimes you find a nic spot...sometimes you dont.

also check out

life @ vapor

but honestly...save uo some $$$ head to the north end..get a nice dinner, head into the city with an open mind.

theres alot to do.

Ive been at the purple shamrock for almost 5 years now,

its cheesy as hell.( we dont play 80's or shit)

its classic & new hiphop...and a lil house

but its always well over capacity, every saturday.

so, people are diggin it..and have been for 20 years.

we as clubbers and djs are quick to judge.

not everyone thinks like us.

also (to toot my horn) fluid sundays is all local djs,

www.geocities.com/djjoshuacarl/fluid

its all vibe

Definatly going to check out Fluid this sun Josh. Also good suggestion with hybernia I will have to look into that. Where is vapor?

I haven't been there in years. I think it is a hugh BC hangout, and I think it is all popular crap music

i knew some kid that was spinning there on sunday nigihts freestyle and funk but that wa slike 3 years ago. thats why i got the idea as a spot :idea: ... :shrugsmyshoulders:

it was by the same owners of ENvy but since thats in separate hands now they may hvae sold that place too.

Hey, here's the info on The Point off another board... I'm considering hitting it up tonight... who knows....

*********** Deluxe @ The Point *****************

147 Hanover Street,

(Adjacent to the Hay Market T-Station)

It's about you, It's about me, It's about mUSic

Yes it's true.. The word has gotten out about the only TRUE house music night to hit the Faneuil hall area. None of the Top 40 crap that people have forced to listen to. Instead, join us for an educational, fun, and happy night with no crappy attitudes or crowds.

This is a weekly event but it not on any given day.. Look for the flyers.. Or check here or headtunes.com regularly for dates..

So far..

Saturday Feb 09

Friday Feb 15

Friday 22

Saturday March 02

Saturday March 09

Come in and say hello.. Heck if you don't like it you can leave! At least give it a shot

Deluxe is brought to you by The Soulcowboy..

The Soulcowboys are :

DJ Echo | Marc Grooves | Brandon Coy | Matt DEE | John Davis | Deepstate

You can also email me for more details