Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Guestlist Please?

Raver

Are there any guestlists out there that offer more than $5 off??

It used to be that the benefit to being on a guest list was not having to wait in the long, long line at Avalon. With the new X4 deal lines aren't much of a problem. I haven't waited more than a couple of minutes since the change.

I guess every penny counts, but getting admission price knocked down to $15 from $20 isn't anything to write home about...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Are there any guestlists out there that offer more than $5 off??

It used to be that the benefit to being on a guest list was not having to wait in the long, long line at Avalon. With the new X4 deal lines aren't much of a problem. I haven't waited more than a couple of minutes since the change.

I guess every penny counts, but getting admission price knocked down to $15 from $20 isn't anything to write home about...:rolleyes:

most of the time, the discount is not that much bc the promoters make money off every person that uses the list. like around $5 to $10 a head that say "i m on so and so's list" so the club doesn't make as much money off the door. if the cover is $20 and they knock it to 15 for guestlist, and give 5 for promoters, then thats only 10 they are making - half the revenue. thats why its not that heavily discounted.

i think guestlists are more of a trick, not really a privelge; that clubs employ to attract more ppl. boston clubs dont use this as much as ny clubs do. probably cuz there are so few choices there.