Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
marcid21

Standards

Do any of you think you set your standards too high for guys/girls? Do you ever wonder if there was someone you could have given a break, because they had a certain quality no one else had???:confused:

I'm asking because I ran into this guy last night, who I was seeing for a few months last summer. During friendly conversation, I just told him to give me a call...blah blah blah...and he did, just a couple of hours later...We ended up talking till the sun came up...and it was basically talk of how we could have been together, but we're not because of me....because of how i'm anal down to every single last detail of basically everything!!!!

So now here I am...flipping my shit...at 10AM wondering how to change this cycle....if there even is a cycle...and feeling kinda guilty for being a big ass if there is a cycle.....

:unhappy::biggun::unhappy:

I think it is okay to set standards everyone has their standards ya know..

What it all boils down to is this... go with the flow of things if it works it works.. if it doesnt it doesnt..but you could end up missing out on a great person if you let your standards get in the way..

For instance I was in a bar with some friends after work one night and I am not into the guy who looks all suited up and sipping wine with his pinky up lol.. but anywayz he was listening to how we were bugging out and laughing and he got a kick out of me.. we end up talking and he was a really cool guy..so it goes to show hey ya never know!!

So who would have thought this guy who was all stuck up looking was actually a cool guy and we end up having a great conversation!!

I say just give it a shot.. good luck girl!!:D

You definately gotta have standards.

However, it is kinda weird how you start thinking over stuff like that though. To be truthful, I can't really say give him a chance because I am just as bad with women.......to a certain degree.......but my thoughts about the situation are more along the lines of if it feels like something you want to give it a shot with, by all means go for it.

Originally posted by synderella420

Yeah high standards are good but why set them so high, if you are going to be lonely?

I set the same standards for girls as I do for the people I am friends with.. maybe a lil higher for girls. but I dont know its not like I ahve never been laid and I dont know what its like. I just want a quality chick with no kids and no man.. even if she had kids I still wouldn't care but I just dont want to be with someone Im going to get bored of...

No I hear that... of course you want to be with someone you are attracted too..

I am just saying some people miss out on something good when they dont give the other person a chance..

because of maybe a minor flaw that is not within their standards..

I am just saying some people miss out on something good when they dont give the other person a chance..

this is so true

I don't even notice girls with blonde hair

Originally posted by siceone

I set the same standards for girls as I do for the people I am friends with.. maybe a lil higher for girls. but I dont know its not like I ahve never been laid and I dont know what its like. I just want a quality chick with no kids and no man.. even if she had kids I still wouldn't care but I just dont want to be with someone Im going to get bored of...

Well maybe you are looking in the wrong places..

I mean if you are only meeting girls with kids and that have a man..where the fuck are u looking:laugh: :tongue:

Yes...this is my problem...The thing with this particular guy was he was too short for me...He was like 5'7 or 5'8....

WTF is wrong with me....a great guy staring me dead in the face and all I can think of is.."he's a little on the short side"??? No matter that he works out regularly and has a chest of steel...or that he has a great job and direction....this is all besides the fact that he was good in bed and we had a lot in common....and he made me laugh...:(

Can you guys now see why I got NO SLEEP last night?

<~~~~Issues!!!!!!

Originally posted by marcid21

Yes...this is my problem...The thing with this particular guy was he was too short for me...He was like 5'7 or 5'8....

WTF is wrong with me....a great guy staring me dead in the face and all I can think of is.."he's a little on the short side"??? No matter that he works out regularly and has a chest of steel...or that he has a great job and direction....this is all besides the fact that he was good in bed and we had a lot in common....and he made me laugh...:(

<~~~~Issues!!!!!!

Wow, that is picky.

<~~~~Issues!!!!!!

Damn girl he was good in bed ?? Are you crazy jump on that shit.. tear him up!!:tongue:;)

<~~~~Issues!!!!!!

Sounds like me, lol. I'm 5'8 and a just under a pretty solid 200 pounds. I've had opportunities to date women that were 6'3 or 6'4 and I just couldn't get into it.

I don't want to have to look up to the woman I'm with. Of course it's not everything, but my little nitpicky preferences (that was just one example) have probably resulted in me missing out on many opportunities. You could be missing out on the "so-called one" by being so anal.

You don't have to lower your standards, just be realistic that no one will precisely fit into the mold you're looking for. If I had it my way I'd be dating fitness models that were studying to be brain surgeons---not likely to happen. But I certainly don't feel that dating someone that doesn't fit into that mold equals lowering my standards.

Go with the flow, and see where it leads. I painfully learned from 9/11 that life is too short to be worried about minutiae.

-Juice :afro:

Yes, yes...you are all right on your points....And BTW ...

O-Jay...I'm 4'11...not even a dream close to 6 ft something...

Anywho, my "friend" called while I was out and I was thinking of calling back and suggesting we get together tonite..is this an ok thing to do? Even if it does nothing than give myself some piece of mind...(although what i could really use is a piece of ass)????

:tongue::confused::tongue:

Guest danni133

Marcid.

I used to have extreme standards that I think maybe two people in the world may have. I think once you begin to mature and meet a lot of people in the world, you realize just what you want in a mate. At least I have, and gradually I have managed to cut out the petty shit that was plaguing my mental checklist of standards.

~Danielle

Guest danni133
Originally posted by dgmodel

i dont measure up to anyones standards... oh well. :(

Awww DG I love you! muah

~Danielle

<~~~~Issues!!!!!!

forgive me, but WHAT!?! you are shorter than him and you didn't want hime because he's only 5"7', WHAT???? pluse he was good in be, and you had alot in common, and he has a great job and he's goin in the right direction, and he works out regularly... are you commitment phobic or something??? girl, that is really going over the top i can see why you lost sleep.....it's not a question of standards but if you're posting this question, then you knew already that you perhaps made a mistake by letting him go

I don't think it's that each of our standards are too high, you just know what you want. If something bothers you like being outta shape, smoking, etc, why would you date someone who is like that? If we didn'thave any standards, just think of massive amounts of jerks and assholes(females included) that we'd each go through... As you get older and go out more, you see the qualities that you want your special someone to encompass.... That's my 2 cents on the whole deal...:)