Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lust 4 Love rave review

I thought this rave was pretty good, except I didnt feel terry mullen at all or jam master jay :blown: ahhh wtf hip hop??hello....and he was horrible , playing 1 second song samples...arrghhh

I really liked heather hearts & pleasureheads set, and whoever spun b4 pleasurehead.

Shot outs to apothesis, and glowgrlnyc(nice meeting u

:) )

All in all I had a great time, but what really sucked is that either the security guards took my cell phone or it fell outta my cell phone holder, arrghh am still mad upset..:(

whoever went on b4 pleasurehead (syntax era) was doing a live pa set - he had 3 electribes, an mpc and a few others i couldn't recognize from far away. it was really cool. now i'm inspired.

pleasurehead told me that he almost didn't show up to the party - he got off a flight and went straight to palladium... but damn he was good. not the usual arpeggiated trance, but some harder stuff too.

heather heart is my goddess. i wonder if she'll go out with me. i think i'm in love. mmmmm......

speaking of love - those topless lesbian strippers put on quite a show. everyone stopped dancing just to watch. i had to leave because i was getting ready to jump on stage and join the party.

the venue was great - i had been there once before (unified) but didn't realize just how cool it was. good sound system, lots of space to explore (i liked the snake). and plenty of chill-space.

whoever spun after heather heart (something with a mullan?) was good - but eh.... not even god as a dj could make up for the b.s.:

- no acosta (we knew that b4 the party)

- no spacegirl. this was major bullshit.

- WTF was up with that hiphop? god that was awful. i mean if you're going to play hip-hop, at least make it jazzy or funky or something. the speakers were overloaded and it all just sounded like loud annoying fuzz. and if you're going to throw me back to 1993, at least do it with some old-skool rave - not sir mix-a-lot or whatever.

- when you have such a wonderful raised stage, why keep the dj in the booth allllllllll the way upstairs? after the nasty stripper show, and after we discovered DAT-girl wasn't showing up, why not open the stage up for dancers?

- who'se bright idea was it to have shot-girls at a rave? i felt bad for them because nobody was buying. they should have been giving massages and then they would have made a fortune.

fact of the matter is that you cannot charge $40 for a party and have two out of four headliners cancel, and then not say anything about it. that's just not right. one smoovegroove employee said "i heard she was still coming", and another was so wasted she couldn't stand let alone speak in coherent sentences. they all disappeared.

we all understand that there are unexpected and un-preventable acts of god that happen whenever you throw a party... but you do your best to make up for it. hell even PRM tried their best when exit got shut down. this was just horrible. $40 for two djs that don't show up. blame acosta's agent for double-booking him. blame spacegirl. play some horrible hip-hop so everyone but the rollers who are so drugged has to leave. cover it up, that's what smoovegroove did. since we can't ask for our money back, i would whole-heartedly encourage a boycott of future smoovegroove parties unless we are given an explanation as to why this happened.

all things being equal - the lineup, the venue etc - it was all great. but man, that was fucked up.

shouts to roxy and apotheosis....

rob