Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weekend review

scratchapella

couldn't go to buzz on friday (eric morillo and harry romero)

but satuday/sunday went like dis:

arrived at insomnia/glow, and the line was hella long, too long, for d:fuse? mmmhmm. i was confused too. anyways, went upstairs first, richie rich and wes smith were throwing down some oldies. . .it was very plurry. . .me and brian were going cragee over some of the shit they dropped: higher state of conciousness (wasn't sure whether it was the orginal or just that bad plump djs breakbeat remix), some dr. dre (yeh, i know!), some funky disco house, ohh and "jam ooon it", shutthefuckupanddance played right when people started standing in that circle to watch a few dance - that was kinda ironic :rolleyes: , oooh AND who wasn't mouthing the words when they dropped that prince song, kiss 2002 remix?! saw ruth singing along. . .

d:fuse was OK. . .the drum effects he added with that thingy was interesting. . never seen that before. . .but there was NO ROOM TO DANCE!!!! watdafuck. thats always been a complaint of mine at glow, it feels like they never respect capacity, am i wrong?

the highlight fosho thpugh was the party at the warehouse. elite force was off that hook. sHack definitely knows how to work the dancefloor. and i love that venue more each time i go there. . .the set was actually similar to the set i posted earlier, all the sorry mofos who missed it can listen to it here: http://www.fab.uk.com/eliteforce/EF...rongmix0602.ram the tracks he used are pretty much the same (i'll post the listing again later) but with some rasta/reggae shit thrown in. . .. smalls on three turntables, again. . . there was some problem w/the bass being so strong, it threw the needle a couple of the times and made some shitty lapses in the set. .whatevah. . .it was still a lovely set. . .heard some michael jackson, a couple of breaks anthems. .oh! and this time i got to actually see smalls on the tables, watched him scratch. . .doesn't have as much a variety of scratching language as most dmc/turntablists BUT skilled nevertheless. . .

ok, that's enough. i need ot get shit done today. . . but to those that went, how was new york? :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

likewise. and don't worry about it, your korean's better than some of my friends (and they're korean!) :)

here's the track listing for that set above, it's pretty similar to what i heard on sat/sun

01 ef002 - ef002 [dubplate]

02 blame - music takes you (BLIM remix) [moving shadow]

03 krafty kutz - lock the hype

04 elite force - hi>5 [dubplate]

05 vandal - boomstick [plastic raygun]

06 tayo meets precision cuts downtown - fire good (rennie pilgrim mix) [mob]

07 katie & rhymes - unknown title [whole9yards test pressing]

08 mad dogs - sudden journey (hyper & rhymes mix) [bedrock breaks]

09 elite force - crew one [moonshine green]

10 dj scissorkicks - livin' for kicks (FFS mix) [plastic raygun]

11 lunatic calm - neverstop (elite force remix) [dubplate]

12 stir fry - breakin' on the streets [kilowatt]

13 dj dan - put that record back on (peace division mix) [honchos music]

14 dimas & martinez - percussive beats [beat freak]

15 mike monday - can u play bass (drummatic twins mix) [whoop]

16 meat katie - unknown track [kingsize white]

17 meat katie - next life (elite force remix) [dubplate]

18 elite force - give it to the people [whole9yards test pressing]

19 elite force - weekend whiplash [dubplate]

20 fatboy slim - retox (freq nasty remix) [skint]

yeah we danced beside each other practically the whole nite, didnt know who each other was, she burnt me in the arm with a cigarette :D and then we put two and two together at Malanee's of who each other was...the memories ..michelle is def a PRETTY girl not CUTE but pretty :)

CD

My review of this weekend:

Friday - Fought thru the chaos that is Exit's front entrance, got in after great hassle, only to fight the Chaos inside - sweaty, humid, 200 degree air filled with crackheads left and right, people sitting all over the supergross floor in k-holes, and me... unable to find the person we're supposed to stay with. A few hours of that later, I get frustrated and go to find the guy, find him, and lose Chyna and Vicman in the process. Tiesto dropped a much better set than the one I heard at Glow, and I found out Exit does have one nice room (white room). Got left in New York with no clothing, nothing, spent night in Bay Ridge...

Saturday - broke into my own house back on LI, stayed the night and drove around town aimlessly cause all my friends were still at school (woohoo...), eat REAL new york pizza for dinner mmmmmm

Sunday - wake up, buy REAL new york bagels for breakfast, get in the shower, and... get busted by my parents who come home from vacation early and want to know what the fawk I'm doing in NY, at home no less...

Monday - somehow, no matter how many times I go to New York, how much I do to get there, I always end up getting deposited back here at Georgetown :mad: Can someone move my campus northward please???

Here's my review of the weekend.

Friday:

Left work and went to Fort Meade to pick up friends. Came home. Went to Buzz-????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Saturday:

Woke up and went to Glow. MEt some cool people and went to Ruth's. Hung out with extremely cool people then???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Woke up Sunday.

Awww, I really want to see elite force. JayP from EZdreamer saw them with Luke Slater last Wednesday and eh said they were really good. Sorry I missed them here :( . But I did spend the weekend wandering around an anime convention high for two days straight on brownies, so I guess I can't complain.

Originally posted by dcsglow

YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE !!!!!!!!!!

GEEZE LAWEEZE...NICE MEETING YOU FOR THE SECOND TIME...brow.gif

Now you all understand all the posts about eating Scratch's cookies. (Cuz I think she probably makes good cookies in addition to being so lovely.)

this thread looks more like the **Official Scratch Thread** than the weekend review.

anyway heres my review:

friday: went to NY, hit EXIT, lots of problems once we got there, ahd to pay $40 to get in to see Tiesto who didnt impress me at all (aside from 1hr. when he played some good trance). EXIT sucked ass, to packed, no ventilation, (i hate to say this) lots of passed out Asian kids all over the place, to many gauys walking around with their shirt off (seemed like a gay club), horrible staff, I am definitely NOT GOING BACK TO EXIT AGIAN, and encourage everyone who has not been there to avoid the place like the plague.

saturday: left Exit at 6:45am, got breakfast, was supposed to stay in NY for the weekend with Chyna and Vixen, and check out EXIT (yes again...it was supposed to be another freebie entrance) then hit Limelight and then Vynil for Saeed and Palash, but circumstances out of my (and chyna's) control made us have to return to DC that day on no sleep whatsover. The drive back to DC was great, got to know Chyna better, hang out with her outside a club setting and 100% sober.

went to GLOW on Saturday night and saw all of you guys upstairs, loved the music upstairs, but I also liked D:Fuse's set downstairs, so I had a hard time deciding on what floor to be. So I just went up and down all night long. Hung out with everyone at Malanee's afterwards (again with no sleep whatsoever).

Sunday: sleep

Monday: sleep

Guest jroo

hey scratch, baby, and you were worried that i was gonna get a big head? :) saturday night was pretty good. i really liked the party upstairs, just if everyone else would have danced instead of watching a select few dance. i liked the fact that some of the peeps in there could really dance. i think that one of my ankles is broken from all the dancing. anyway, i really liked d:fuse's little drum machine, and i like how he was totally into the crowd, i mean like he was giving out signatures and everything, and that faggot moutso still fucking hit the siren at the very end when d:fuse left the both to sign shit, i think that jimi got his chest signed, he's such a dj whore.

Originally posted by scratchapella

ummm. . so embarassed. . .how come there's no smiley for that?

thank you though. . .

chynado11 or eggmok, is there anyway you guys can delete this thread or move it somewhere else? please?

unless the rest of yous are really going to say something about your weekend?

ok so back to the weekend, yesterday I got up at 9:30am, went to the gym at 11am, came back home at 1:20, ate, watched half of the Newcastle-Manchester City FA Cup match on FOX, went to the supermarket at 3:30, finished with my shopping at 4:30 came home, cooked some pasta in a lower fat Alfredo sauce (since I dont eat pasta almost at all I had a craving) and also made some chicken in my George Foreman grill, made a some sort of ecuadorian salad with mixed veggies, canellini beans and garbanzo beans in a balsamic vinnagrette and had dinner and watched TV until 7:30, hung out with one of my roomates at home talking about random stuff until 10 and went to sleep.

Originally posted by vicman

there is a lot of raunch going on here...looks like scratch is the main headliner

There isn't much raunch here, just honest appreciation of her substantial good looks which is making her embarrased.

Originally posted by Kuro

There isn't much raunch here, just honest appreciation of her substantial good looks which is making her embarrased.

you think she's blushing?

but to add to her embarasment, she also seems to know a lot about music and the scene and sticks to it in her posts, which is a refreshing change from all the raunch all of YOU post...speaking of posting raunch, where is shady?

I think he was supposed to be out of town.