Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Freestyle Music...Underground or coming back slowly

guest00901

Ok so my friend Benny and I are having this discussion on freestyle music. This kid is a crazy freestyle fan, he will not listen to anything but freestyle, hes the one that kinda put me on to it. Ok so what do you think, does anyone think its coming back mainstream or going to stay underground??

Ps. Benny has a song lol he also sings freestyle

download

Elear-Girl Why Did You

i don't think there are enough people who like it for it to become mainstream, but i've noticed freestyle popping up more and more lately... club blis had a freestyle night in janurary, i think they just had one recently too, and ktu does a freestyle mix from 12pm-1pm during the week. i like it, even if it is a bit cheezy, mostly because it's what me and my friends used to listen to back in the day and it's fun sing along and reminisce :)

Originally posted by inyourdreams

Lissette Melendez wasn't all that...it was all about Judy Torres:tongue:

Yeah Judy has Lisette beat, but I saw Lisette perform "Together Forever" (the freestyle version) at Vinyl 2 weeks ago...

.. I had to give her some props on the board ;)

Lissette is the bomb!!

I remember watching her perform at CLub Hollywood in New Roe years ago...she annonced she was pregant on stage and every guy in the audience was like "dammmmnnn....now i cant have her!!!":(

Freestyle will live forever...but i dont see it coming back up. Most of the key lines from todays vocals seem to be taken from freestyle songs--I know DJ Serg from the bronx has a contract and is remixing a gang-load of those tracks into vocal house tracks

His "Becuase of you" cover girls is doppe (dub is nice also)

I heard his Lydia Lee Love is finished...cant wait to hear that

All summer long upstate on 96.1/99.3 I had a freestyle show on fridays at noon just like ktu--during the week i did vocals and fridays were "freestyle fridays" I got the biggest response to those until some fat ass new PD came in and changed the format to include more hip hop...my freestyle peeps tuned in one friday to hear Holler Back Younging whootwhoot

:eek::laugh:

Mike BuGouT