Clubplanet Nightlife Community

real one player?

MadamMillie

umm, should i worry that i just downloaded the real one player, and it changed ALL my mp3 files from winamp to real one as the default player? changed all the little icon thingys. it's freaking me out.

ps in my ever-continuing quest to find the perfect mp3 player, i discovered that a company called mediafour is making some software to make the apple ipod pc-compatible. that would ROCK!!!! now if only it would hold more memory....5 gigs is just not enough anymore....i think there's an archos and a creative nomads jukebox that holds 20 gigs...THAT's what i'm talking about.......

Mills.... don't worry about it. The RealOne player is Real Players NEW player, same thing..... just more stuff.....a WHOLE lot more if you wanna pay.....

Yeah, I've been reg. since Nov, but just posted today!!!!!!

NYC this weekend???? Don't think so..... 3 nights last weekend... not enough cash..... sorry, Gotta save for S&D!!!!!!!!! But I'll be there tomorrow for the day!

Originally posted by MadamMillie

umm, should i worry that i just downloaded the real one player, and it changed ALL my mp3 files from winamp to real one as the default player? changed all the little icon thingys. it's freaking me out.

ps in my ever-continuing quest to find the perfect mp3 player, i discovered that a company called mediafour is making some software to make the apple ipod pc-compatible. that would ROCK!!!! now if only it would hold more memory....5 gigs is just not enough anymore....i think there's an archos and a creative nomads jukebox that holds 20 gigs...THAT's what i'm talking about.......

It just changed your default player to Realplayer, which really sucks. I would recommend against using that shitty software. To set it back go to Winamp and go in the Preferences. Go to "Setup > File Types" and make sure "Register types on Winamp start" is checked. Also make sure "MP3" is highlighted as one of the "Associated extensions."

Thanks for the tip on the IPOD, I wanna get one and hook it up to my Jeep, fuck cd's they're obsolete.

Originally posted by scratchapella

dayamn girlie, and what are you going to doooo w/this collection?

(real player, imo, is the better player, all streaming files are usually in real player, n'est ce pas?)

Your insane, Realplayer (by default) locks all files encoded by Realjukebox into a shitty format (not MP3!). Using that software is like playing Colecovision at a police station.

goddammit, i just replied and it didn't go thru and lost my reply. arghhhh.

anyway, yeah i can't stand real player, i just finally downloaded it b/c some streams are only real player. thanks for the info, i'll try it out.

and about mediafour, just go their website (mediafour.com) and sign up to be notified when the software's released. or i'm sure i'll post it when i hear about it.

there's also a new technology called mp3pro, which shrinks mp3s even further in size but allows the same sound quality. Its incredible for the music freaks that are running out of room on the hard drive.

You can go to mp3pro.com and check it out. Also, winamp I believe has a plugin already for the new format as well.