Clubplanet Nightlife Community

vodoo lounge

kozzy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st, I would make the 35 min drive to Miami.

2nd, voodo is kind of a cheesy techno sort of place. They would be perfect to sponsor a 93.1 party

I would go to Sutra next door or Stero around the corner first if I just had to stay in Ft. Laud.

BTW anyone seen Vaughn????? He is still spinning at Sutra isn't he?

Originally posted by lilbitsunshine

you know im angry right now right.........i cant believe YOU WOULD SECOND GUESS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ACT LIKE I CANT GIVE YOU THIS DAYUM INFORMATION.........ANYWAY I TOLD YOU IVE ONLY BEEN THERE ON HIP HOP NIGHT!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE SLAPPIN U RIGHT NOW.:blown:

Huh :confused:

I've been to Voodoo at least 6 times in the past 6 months and I live 45 mins. away by FIU. I go there on Wednesday's, when I do go, and that's because that is the best place I've been to to listen to some good techno and have a blast on a weekday. The people that go there go to party and I love that. That place has been 6 for 6 even on one rainy day I went. If you go with the right mindset you'll def. bug out. .....Man....I psyched myself up I think I'm going this Wed. :idea::cool::)

My post will be a bit biased 'cuz I spin at Sutra on Saturdays, so I'll leave that night up for a real opinion. But as far as any other night.. wednesdays at Voodoo has changed formats 3 times in 6 months because Sutra is SLAMMED!!!!!!!! One of the best and cleanest hip-hop nights I've been too in a while. Voodoo is pretty dead on Wednesdays. Fridays at Voodoo is O.K. but Sutra is killer if you like good house w/ dj Shawn Rudnick who spins all over South Beach incl. Nikki beach and Opium weekly. Stereo is pretty packed for hip-hop on fridays... kindaa ghetto though. And I'm going there... Saturdays at Voodoo are packed but is VERY cheesy & commercial. A lot of meatheads wearing the same silver shiney shirt and 38 girls wearing the same shirt from Soul To Soul or BeBe. Music format is like 93.1 cheesy trance(not bashing.. .just saying cheesy) and commercial..."stuff". Hip-Hop room gets pretty good though. Sutra on Saturdays is also packed, but it's a much nicer, classier crowd minus the bevy of glowsticks you'll find at Voodoo. Our music is 100% true house, deep house and borderline progressive/funky house to appease the gods. Come see for yourself and we'll even walk you into all three clubs in between records to be the gracious and unbiased hosts that Sheldon & I can be!

Hope to see all of you at Sutra soon. GA2, BB, Danny & Mimi... I have a bottle waiting for you!!!!

Ciao for now!

Vaughan

:D Voodoo lounge is busy on Mondays with hip-hop..weds with power 96 hip hop in one room and house trance and techno in another. Packed to the tune of 1200 on weekends: hip hop on the deck and in "ENvy" the club with in the club! and House trance and a bit of techno to please the crowd since it is so big and diverse in the main room. The club is beautiful yet comfortable and the dress code is smart casual...no sneakers!!

Originally posted by sheldonp

Yeah vodoo is really cheesy, bit scary....

Go to Sutra next door.

Friday night: DJ Shawn Rudnick

Saturday night: DJ's Vaughan Lazar & myself

Yeah, Shroomy Vaughan and I are still there, stop by some time.

Nothing like shamelss self promotion....guys, guys , guys dont put down other clubs..... because they are busy for a reason!!!

Originally posted by vaughanz

My post will be a bit biased 'cuz I spin at Sutra on Saturdays, so I'll leave that night up for a real opinion. But as far as any other night.. wednesdays at Voodoo has changed formats 3 times in 6 months because Sutra is SLAMMED!!!!!!!! One of the best and cleanest hip-hop nights I've been too in a while. Voodoo is pretty dead on Wednesdays. Fridays at Voodoo is O.K. but Sutra is killer if you like good house w/ dj Shawn Rudnick who spins all over South Beach incl. Nikki beach and Opium weekly. Stereo is pretty packed for hip-hop on fridays... kindaa ghetto though. And I'm going there... Saturdays at Voodoo are packed but is VERY cheesy & commercial. A lot of meatheads wearing the same silver shiney shirt and 38 girls wearing the same shirt from Soul To Soul or BeBe. Music format is like 93.1 cheesy trance(not bashing.. .just saying cheesy) and commercial..."stuff". Hip-Hop room gets pretty good though. Sutra on Saturdays is also packed, but it's a much nicer, classier crowd minus the bevy of glowsticks you'll find at Voodoo. Our music is 100% true house, deep house and borderline progressive/funky house to appease the gods. Come see for yourself and we'll even walk you into all three clubs in between records to be the gracious and unbiased hosts that Sheldon & I can be!

Hope to see all of you at Sutra soon. GA2, BB, Danny & Mimi... I have a bottle waiting for you!!!!

Ciao for now!

Vaughan

How about downright scary at #@$%!!! Metal Detectors soon on wednesdays who are you kidding? The New format is working too at Voodoo...Open your eyes!!

Originally posted by wildmiami

I've been to Voodoo at least 6 times in the past 6 months and I live 45 mins. away by FIU. I go there on Wednesday's, when I do go, and that's because that is the best place I've been to to listen to some good techno and have a blast on a weekday. The people that go there go to party and I love that. That place has been 6 for 6 even on one rainy day I went. If you go with the right mindset you'll def. bug out. .....Man....I psyched myself up I think I'm going this Wed. :idea::cool::)

YOu and plenty of other South Beach people drive down to voodoo and say the same thing.

Originally posted by sheldonp

Yeah vodoo is really cheesy, bit scary....

Go to Sutra next door.

Friday night: DJ Shawn Rudnick

Saturday night: DJ's Vaughan Lazar & myself

Yeah, Shroomy Vaughan and I are still there, stop by some time.

This is what I dont get ...do you have to put down another club to get people to come to hear you spin ....you have been listening to the ad campaign of party 93.1 too much! Cant you attract people by just talking about your talents....Show big insecurities on your part.

Originally posted by shroomy

1st, I would make the 35 min drive to Miami.

2nd, voodo is kind of a cheesy techno sort of place. They would be perfect to sponsor a 93.1 party

I would go to Sutra next door or Stero around the corner first if I just had to stay in Ft. Laud.

BTW anyone seen Vaughn????? He is still spinning at Sutra isn't he?

is shroomy an alias for Sheldon?? Shameless self promotion again!!!

Look, Vaughan and Sheldon aren't out of line here.

First off, Voodoo Lounge appeals to a certain kind of crowd looking for a certain kind of music...that crowd is the 'typical' crowd of Fort Lauderdale, and I'm glad that there's voodoo lounge to appease them, so they're not elsewhere.

Sutra, and specifically the Lust Parties, offer a different kind of atmosphere, and since most of us on here on Clubplanet love good house, and we're not very much fond of commercial, it makes sense we'd recommend Sutra over Voodoo.

Different strokes for different folks - and by the way wendyvoodoo, uhm, aren't YOU promoting YOURSELF by coming on here? Why diss Vaughan and sheldon for doing something you also do? You also look immature as hell getting upset because not everyone likes your club - boofvcking hoo - And Vaughan and Sheldon aren't just here to promote themselves - they are a part of this community, people I consider friends, and I'm sure others do too.

Ask anyone on this board, I'm extremely open minded when it comes to dance music & clubbin'..........I like all kinds of music across the board, as long as it's done well.

However, the situation at Vodoo is nothing short of weak. I'd rather stay home and listen to Mp3's on my computer. Let's break it down:

Music- I've never been impressed. Where do they find their DJ's? It's like one track ends, and then they put on the next record, (do they even have a mixer?) Not to mention the track selection is totally inconsistant. It's a mess.....all over the place in the same set.

Crowd- no one ever seems to be into the music (although I can't blame them- it's pretty bland- i.e. see above). Everyone's just standing around, looking to get laid. Maybe they should pass out Red bull at the door, but they've got to do something.

I'm from Miami and don't make it up to Ft Lauderdale very often, but when I do I opt for the occasional Bliss party at Stereo, or the weekly blinder over @Sutra on Saturday!

My advice- pass on Vodoo. :D

Originally posted by wendyvoodoo

is shroomy an alias for Sheldon?? Shameless self promotion again!!!

umm.... no.

I wish I had Sheldon's skills but besides meeting him once I have nothing to do with Vaughan or Sheldon or any club, and there are 30 people here who know me and will vouch for the fact.

BTW If I wanted to get laid by some sparkle covered stripper or I couldn't get past the velvet rope of a real club, Vodoo and/or Radius would be at the top of my list.

and I mean that in a good way.... everyone needs to bang a stripper every now and then.