Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WTF?! We overlooked that Buzz booked.....

vicman

.....fucking Hernan Cattaneo on the 5th of April on DJ Dan Night. Thing is his name is all the way at the bottom so you have to scroll down to see him there...and of course amid the S&D chaos....fucking April is going to be AMAZING!

By the way, he's here with out Oakie, 'cos Oakie sucks....

Originally posted by Kuro

Aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How the fuck did we overlook that? It must be a new addtion cuz I'm sure his name would have jumped out at me.

fuckin' Kuro, I knew you had to come around and notice who Cattaneo is...seems that everyone else lurking around the CP board at the moment (3:30-4pm) doesnt have a clue who this guy is and just likes to talk about hub caps and my woman vicgal...anyway, I didnt notice his name until I saw a thread on the Buzz board and then checked the April calendar and couldnt find anything but when I scrolled down on DJ Dan night his name isnt visible unless you scroll down, so that why we all missed him.....I wonder why they put him all the way down there? DJ Dan and Scott Henry are also on that night......that night will totally be money....shiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttt....my recovery from WMC will have to wait, 'cos there to much going on in April.......at this rate I think I wont recover until next christmas....

Originally posted by malanee

Who in the h-e double hockey sticks is that??? One of your cousins? The way your promoting him - you GOTTA be related!

So tell me more! What kind of music? Is he h0t? :D

yeah actually he's my cousin, third generation, my great-great-great gp on my moms side split up, his side emmigrated from Spain to Argentina, my side ended up in Mexico...but I'm hotter than him :D

He's sighned with Perfecto Records (same as D:Fuse) he plays lots of progressive but he's all the rage in Ibiza and stuff ....

from Perfecto's web site:

With more than a decade performing in Argentina's top clubs, Hernan Cattaneo is one of the most respected DJ's in South America.

His passion for music and his ability to transmit the best vibe to a big audience has led Hernan to become one of the leaders of the Argentinean dance movement, which grows day by day, as does Hernan's own reputation.

His influences come from the 80's Chicago House and the progressive European 90's sound, resulting in a very characteristic personal style which can be heard in every one of his sets.

His personality and his ability to read a track makes him perfectly comfortable either warming up for Paul Oakenfold, playing the main role in his residencies or closing a night after Justin Robertson.

The best examples of the above are his five hour sets for Clubland (at Pacha, Buenos Aires, on Saturday night), one of the top club nights for all Argentinean dance fans. There he develops a journey through underground and progressive house with musical quality the common denominator of the whole night.

Hernan's recent tours of South American cities with Sasha and John Digweed have consolidated his position as a top drawcard in Brazil, Peru and Uruguay; these countries regularly book Hernan for their most important gigs.

In Europe he is tightly connected with Cream. In South America he's resident DJ at Cream's monthly parties at Pacha in Buenos Aires and Cream`s weekly residencies through the summer at Punta del Este, Uruguay, and also plays exclusive sunset sets at Cream en el Mar bar. Hernan also played at Cream @ Amnesia in Ibiza, Creamfields 99/00 and Cream's Birthday Party in Liverpool.

Both John Digweed and Danny Rampling made Hernan their guest dj on their shows on Kiss FM and Radio One and his sets at worldpop.com were very well received by an international attendance.

Paul Oakenfold has been a huge supporter of Hernan's career and invited him onto the Perfecto Tour of UK cities in 1999 and again in the USA in 2000, where he played San Francisco, Denver(Red Rocks), Las Vegas, Phoenix, Palm Springs (Nocturnal Festival) Fresno, Burning Man Festival, Mexico City, Monterrey, Cancun, Rio de Janeiro ,Sao Paulo, Ibiza and the Perfecto party at the Winter Music Conference in Miami.

Recently Oakenfold has signed Hernan to his Perfecto label and "Deep Funk", his Perfecto debut, has already been picked up by Sander Kleinemberg for his Nu Breed compilation.

More upcoming production work includes remixes for a forthcoming single on the Deep Dish Yoshitoshi label and another track for Perfecto scheduled to feature on the next Paul Oakenfold CD later in the year.

Hernan has relocated to the UK for six months to support these releases by playing in Europe's biggest clubs. Dates for 2001 include many gigs at Cream in Liverpool, Ireland and Scotland, Creamfields, Homelands (Space arena with Tenaglia, Sasha, Futureshock), a residency at Cream @ Amnesia, Ibiza, Perfecto @ Pacha, Ibiza, a trip to Tokyo and lots more to be confirmed.

Hernan has already shared the DJ booth with the biggest names in dance music including Paul Oakenfold, Sasha, John Digweed, Justin Robertson, Darren Emerson, BT, Danny Rampling, Seb Fontaine, Dave Seaman, David Morales, Green Velvet, Deep Dish and more. He has also been on the bill alongside Kraftwerk and The Chemical Brothers in recent concerts in Buenos Aires like Cream 2000.

Recent highlights included Cream NYE where he played back to back with Lee Burridge and eight Cream parties during last January at Punta del Este (Uruguay) and Mar del Plata (Argentina), touring with John Digweed, Dave Seaman, Sander Kleinenberg, Mr C and Lee Burridge.

In Argentina, he has won the best DJ Award in '96, '97 and '98 and the DJ of the summer award '99,'00 and '01.

Besides that, Hernan has formed Beat Records with Martin Gontad and the new label is already consolidating its position as a leading South American dance label.

Originally posted by Kuro

His Kiss FM set from last year was probably my favorite. Good shit. I haven't heard DJ Dan yet, either, so I guess I'll be there that night.

I got a CD mixed by him that came free with Ministry mag a few months ago, i love that CD.

Guest jroo

uummm, wasnt dj dan at that d n b party at buzz like a couple of weeks ago? wasnt he spinning with scott henry in the front room?? werent you there kuro??

Originally posted by jroo

uummm, wasnt dj dan at that d n b party at buzz like a couple of weeks ago? wasnt he spinning with scott henry in the front room?? werent you there kuro??

kuro didnt make it that week..it was the week of Cranks b'day...by the way jroo, since you say you like d n' b and jungle you gotta inform us of when good d n b and jungle dj's hit town, since I'm basically clueless about those genres of music

Originally posted by joeygk

Cattaneo & Oakie

Why are those two always playing together? What are they dating or something? Why won't they just break-up already?

*Oakie ruins everything! :mad: :mad:

Oakie isnt here when Cattaneo is, unfortunately that will be the case in WMC...screw ape-man