Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
chynado11

Whats YOUR layout?

Recommended Posts

IF you had just recieved an offer to be design director over a club, where would u put the club in DC. What would the layout be inside and what kind of crowd would you like to draw in, dress code, no dress code, lounge, no lounge, modern or just classy?

Yes this is going to be a long answer for some of you, but put that brain of yours to work and those fingers typing :D

CD

*BTW Jimi remember no letting unders in, you will be prosecuted for underage drinking...:laugh: Im jk, nothing but love for you kid..whoops i did it again...:tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by chynado11

IF you had just recieved an offer to be design director over a club, where would u put the club in DC. What would the layout be inside and what kind of crowd would you like to draw in, dress code, no dress code, lounge, no lounge, modern or just classy?

Yes this is going to be a long answer for some of you, but put that brain of yours to work and those fingers typing :D

CD

*BTW Jimi remember no letting unders in, you will be prosecuted for underage drinking...:laugh: Im jk, nothing but love for you kid..whoops i did it again...:tongue:

gee ur almost asking us to come up with a proposal or something...lemme think...but definitley for me: NO DRESS CODE, and anyone is invited, but the rest I would have to think about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by vicman

gee ur almost asking us to come up with a proposal or something...lemme think...but definitley for me: NO DRESS CODE, and anyone is invited, but the rest I would have to think about it

come on Vic this is fun thing, im sorry if i have actually get you all to think today hehe

CD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No dress code. I'd want a crowd that wants to have fun whether they're ravers, veteran clubbers, people really into the music, people who just want to go out dancing for the night, whatever. I don't know how you would arrange things to draw that specific type of crowd, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Dream Club:

There's an empty building on 14th just begging me to take it over and turn it into "Club Malanee." The area is nice, because it is up and coming, but not so nice that you have to deal w/ a lot of hassles about noise, etc.

It'll have 2 rooms. A main room with the headliner and then a more chill lounge area w/ tons of couches and comfy places to sit. I'd like it to be just a tad bigger than 5, but not Nation big.

The sound system will be nice - can they put phazon in that small of club? Water will be free. There will be no dress code - but people will tend to dress a little nicer than Buzz.

Guys that grope girls will get tossed immediately. The bouncers and bar tenders will be friendly and h0t.

But best of all, I'll open up every night and then spend the rest of the night dancing on the floor! WOO HOO!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by malanee

My Dream Club:

There's an empty building on 14th just begging me to take it over and turn it into "Club Malanee." The area is nice, because it is up and coming, but not so nice that you have to deal w/ a lot of hassles about noise, etc.

It'll have 2 rooms. A main room with the headliner and then a more chill lounge area w/ tons of couches and comfy places to sit. I'd like it to be just a tad bigger than 5, but not Nation big.

The sound system will be nice - can they put phazon in that small of club? Water will be free. There will be no dress code - but people will tend to dress a little nicer than Buzz.

Guys that grope girls will get tossed immediately. The bouncers and bar tenders will be friendly and h0t.

But best of all, I'll open up every night and then spend the rest of the night dancing on the floor! WOO HOO!!!!

good malanee...see vic now that wasnt hard for her to type...im almost thinking your gonna put some major details im interested in reading...

**good point malanee---->Guys that grope girls will get tossed immediately. The bouncers and bar tenders will be friendly and h0t. :biggun: or they will have to deal with the chynados...

damn they havent been out in awhile, i think they are getting a little crazy from not going out...

:laugh:

CD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it would be in massive cathedral, exact same layout, except no pews/seats, dj booth would be where the pulpit thingy used to be, so right when you enter the club, that's all you see looming ahead of you, juice bars (no alcohol, it makes people mean and horny) along the sides of the church, keeping the stained glass windows, so when morning comes, all the beautiful colors reflect on the floor, oh and i guess some sort of longey area downstairs, with platforms and severl different tiered platform seats, covered w/pillows and a water fountain, how dope would it be to say "i'm going to church" when you're going out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would like a night when its all local dj's from joe bloe to shadygroove could have their time Dj'ing their stuff for an hour, and only an hour so they would have to pull their best shit out, cover would be like $5 or nothing at all, each week there could be different genres of music, one week have 6 dj's spinning progressive, next 6 spinning soulful house, next 6 spinning techno, next 6 spinning breaks, next 6 spinning jungle, etc....guyys that take their shirt off in the dance floor would get tossed in my place.....passed out partiers would also get tossed (if u cant stand up then ur out) no VIP nothing of that sort, everypart of the club is accessible to all, no lists, and, and, and...lemme think s'more, but i'm getting somwhere....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by chynado11

kind of like limelight , scratch??

CD

thats what I was thinking of...i remebere the first time i went there, i was "wtf? this is a club?" 'ocs I had wlaked passed it numerous times thinking it was a regular church.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by vicman

i would like a night when its all local dj's from joe bloe to shadygroove could have their time Dj'ing their stuff for an hour, and only an hour so they would have to pull their best shit out, cover would be like $5 or nothing at all, each week there could be different genres of music, one week have 6 dj's spinning progressive, next 6 spinning soulful house, next 6 spinning techno, next 6 spinning breaks, next 6 spinning jungle, etc....guyys that take their shirt off in the dance floor would get tossed in my place.....passed out partiers would also get tossed (if u cant stand up then ur out) no VIP nothing of that sort, everypart of the club is accessible to all, no lists, and, and, and...lemme think s'more, but i'm getting somwhere....

Sounds like the Edge every Sat. night, unfortunately tough to make money, which is the bottom line. Someone needs to pay rent, taxes, insurance, etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by chynado11

i see sparks and those wheels are turning....:idea:

CD

decoration wise, i guess i woud go with an indistrial type of look, metalic colors, mean lasers, and it would have 2 rooms, maybe 3, in the main one we get the music we get inm the back room of Buzz the second room would be more of a Bzz front room and the third room would be ALL TEX-MEX...I really dig that Glow variety...naw it would have more down tempo music ambience and that sort of shit...lemme continue thinking......lemme see if i can come up with a budget....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pgiddy

Sounds like the Edge every Sat. night, unfortunately tough to make money, which is the bottom line. Someone needs to pay rent, taxes, insurance, etc..

actually there is a place in SF that does it and its been going on for quite some time, so its been tried and its been succesful, i'm not just pulling a rabbit out of my hat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by scratchapella

it would be in massive cathedral, exact same layout, except no pews/seats, dj booth would be where the pulpit thingy used to be, so right when you enter the club, that's all you see looming ahead of you, juice bars (no alcohol, it makes people mean and horny) along the sides of the church, keeping the stained glass windows, so when morning comes, all the beautiful colors reflect on the floor, oh and i guess some sort of longey area downstairs, with platforms and severl different tiered platform seats, covered w/pillows and a water fountain, how dope would it be to say "i'm going to church" when you're going out?

It's been done. The pit and the pendelum, Nottingham England. Plays down beat mellow D&B, pretty strict dress code and the bathrooms (loos) are where the confessionals were. It's a really cool place and it was built in the 1800's so it's really classy and upkept. It's mor of justa lounge than a club. There is this really huge grand piano right in the middle of one of the bar sections that is used as a table with bar stools all around it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by vicman

actually there is a place in SF that does it and its been going on for quite some time, so its been tried and its been succesful, i'm not just pulling a rabbit out of my hat

I still haven't figured out that stuff, how do they pull that little furry rabbitt out of the hat?? and cut people in half? I think the cutting is just an illusion, but the rabbitt and sometimes more after the little rabbitt like a bird, wtf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by vicman

decoration wise, i guess i woud go with an indistrial type of look, metalic colors, mean lasers, and it would have 2 rooms, maybe 3, in the main one we get the music we get inm the back room of Buzz the second room would be more of a Bzz front room and the third room would be ALL TEX-MEX...I really dig that Glow variety...naw it would have more down tempo music ambience and that sort of shit...lemme continue thinking......lemme see if i can come up with a budget....

don't forget the salsa dance.gif .. gotta have the salsa and merengue!!;)

and ... sell shirts and cd's with the club's logo on it and make some money that way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ellywelly

don't forget the salsa dance.gif .. gotta have the salsa and merengue!!;)

and ... sell shirts and cd's with the club's logo on it and make some money that way!

i'd pick tex-mex, u know 'cos im mexican and stuff plus the cowboy hats and boots and big belt buckles would just look more weird in a dance floor playing all techno or garage and kids breaking and stuff...and imagine if one of 'dem vaqueros woudl start breakdancing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pgiddy

I still haven't figured out that stuff, how do they pull that little furry rabbitt out of the hat?? and cut people in half? I think the cutting is just an illusion, but the rabbitt and sometimes more after the little rabbitt like a bird, wtf?

It's called magic, and you have to sell your soul to the devil or be gay before you can do any of that stuff. But have you seen the guy who can levitate himslef? I can't remember his name right now but he's pretty freaky and has to be soulless now. There was a south park episode about him a couple weeks ago. And those two flamers in Las Vegas Hans and Frans or whatever the hell their names are, and David Copperfield, he's got a really hot wife but it's just for show, an illusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

decoration wise, i guess i woud go with an indistrial type of look, metalic colors, mean lasers, and it would have 2 rooms, maybe 3, in the main one we get the music we get inm the back room of Buzz the second room would be more of a Bzz front room and the third room would be ALL TEX-MEX...I really dig that Glow variety...naw it would have more down tempo music ambience and that sort of shit...lemme continue thinking......lemme see if i can come up with a budget....

you'll put somebody's eye out with the lasers :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×