Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJs! Please Help! Rapture problems

liquidchaz

Hey! I'm a semi-new DJ and I've gotta spin at my college tomorrow night. Now I'm pretty descent at beat matching... well... I can do it most of the time (i know lots of good ways to fake when i run into trouble, lol). But I KNOW people are going to want to hear IIO-Rapture (John Creamer & Stephanie K Mix) and that song is just giveing me LOADs of trouble. Can anyone help me out?

I'll be spinning consistantly, for the most part, at 132 BPM (140 will be too much for this crowd... so I'm droppion some of the slower tracks). So I THINK the creamer Mix of Rapture is about 129 BPM, right? So I adjust about 2.1% so it's playing at 132BPM and I try to match at the 64th beat... and that damn rapture beat just won't match right. Any help please? I'm running out of time...

Thanks

Originally posted by avalondon3

How about playing another version. There are like 5 diff versions out there. There is a Riva mix, deep dish mix, armand van helden mix and a few more....maybe playing a diff mix will solve your problem...

hey fuckface, Armand Van Helden doest have a mix of Rapture.