Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question for "Vaughanz"...

lilbitsunshine

Vaughanz,

I checked out Stereo this past Friday...the d.j is hot but the people were kinda ghetto for me (except for the really good dancers they had there that werent lookin to "hook-up" but were there to DANCE).......and Im lookin for house music on Friday night. Does Sutra play house on friday.....cuz the last time i was there (about 2 months ago) on a friday, they played Hip Hop and the club was empty!!! I need something for Friday.....please help!!! =D.....im also lookin for a place where alot of people will be rollin. thanks

I'm not doubting where you were but Sutra plays ONLY house on Friday and Saturday nights and they have for over 1 year and a half now. They have hip-hop on the patio outside but they DEFINITELY play house in the main room. Friday are almost always packed but not until after 1 am. There were two weeks back in December or January that were a bit slower than normal but they are almost ALWAYS packed on Fridays. The dj is Shawn Rudnick and he is quite good. He's a really good friend and has played/plays at all the big Miami clubs like Crobar, Nikki Beach, Level, Rain & Opium. He's actually one of Opium's saturday residents... upstairs though I think. Anytime you want to check out sutra send me an email and I'll make sure you get right in. vaughan@stellarconcepts.com

Ft. Lauderdale has a big nightlife, although not a very "cultured" one. Very Baja Beach Club, average Joe type of thing. No real house "scene" except for Sutra in my opinion.

Hope this helps. :)

As far as the "rollin" thing goes.. .your best bet is Mercury Lounge w/ Garfield & K-ahzz or Voodoo. Not quite sure where to find a place where "a bunch of people will be rollin". I know drugs are in every club but those two you will definitely SEE that element right away.