Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon Boston, what do you think???

prplhz

What do you think would make Avalon truly the best club in America? Or do you already think that it is the best club? Would it be if Avalon landed a truly magnificent resident such as some one like DH? I mean if you look at NYC, granted it is NYC and nothing can compare but if I lived there, I could choose on any given night which totally awesome DJ I wanted to go and see. I mean we have been having some great talent around here lately, but what happens when they don't have this sort of talent around every weekend, what will we do then? Does everyone think it is the hours that this town has imposed? 2am is pretty f'in weak if you ask me!

Definatly the 2am thing is a big problem. But, yeah what happens when they slow down with the talent they are pulling. I don't know we need one sick resident, that's what we need. And we need them to lock up the liquor and keep the place going

even if they closed the bar at 2 and it was open till 4. that would be fine by me. and I could prolly still stay awake to drive home to R.I.

I really don't understand how there is SOOO many college's and kids in boston and they close down at 2. **shrugs**:rolleyes:

yeah, the 2am thing here in boston is definitely why it could never be the "best"... clubs in NYC, Miami, DC, London, SF, LA.. etc.. they stay open into the morning.. DJs like Howells, S&D, DT, etc.. like having enough time to build up... just the way it is..

but we do get good talent, so we can't complain...

I think Avalon needs one thing only: A Danny Howells Residency! If Vinyl gets him last Saturday of every month, we should have him the Friday before! :D

He's got to love Boston, we always have a REALLY energetic/up-beat/GodI'mhappytobeseeingdannyrightnow crowd! My only words to the guy on Friday were, "Boston loves you man" (yeah, I should have been a poet).

We'd all LOVE to keep the party going past 2, but it's just not gonna happen. Blue Laws won't let a club like Avalon lock up the liquor and stay open, they've got to close-shop at 2.

OK, this is going to sound absolutely nuts, but I may be the only person in Boston who almost likes leaving at 2 am. Hear me out, I can't believe what I just said either! ;)

Now, don't get me wrong, I REALLY hate leaving at 2, and I'd be in heaven if people could stay on until 9 am, but after 2 it's almost like a new chapter to the night comes out. Some of the best times I've had are chilling with friends after a great show, coming back to my place for a little night-cap/:smoke:, and starting the party up all over again. Going to Rise was a great time too, I love being able to hit-up more than one club in a night. Now, I'm not saying I don't want to see the 2am ban lifted, but I still have a great time with it anyway. It's just a different kind of fun.

Oh, one more thing... to make Avalon better get REAL FUCKING RED BULL... :gang: 180

I agree 180 is pure crap, it is probably the worst out of them all. Ok and I would like it to go past 2 because a lot of these guys are just getting warm and then thats it. I would love to see a marathon go on in there. I know it will never happen but hey a guy can dream right.

Hi Guys :)

Okay...I honestly don't think that Avalon could ever be the best club in the world. I don't think that it is big enough. My favortite clubs are EXIT in NYC and Club Giant in LA. THey are HUGE!! Plus...both clubs have the option of being inside or outside. AND there is different music in different parts of the club.

BUT.... There are things that they could do to come close. I agree with all of you about the hour issue. It would be so much better if they could stay open till at least 4:00. I think that giving us the option of going into four clubs was a great idea...even though I tend to stay in Avalon the whole time:) And they have been lining up some GREAT talent. I am liking Avalon better than I used to......

just by talent alone, avalon/axis is in the top 10 at least. i don't like the positioning of the dj booth in avalon although it is obviously a great club. axis has the superior vibe (you howells folks no what i'm talking about) but has that laid-back, friend's basement kinda feel. the two together are phat. the 2am law will always prevent it from #1...

I definitely think the 2am thing is a barrier, but it would be much better if they signed on a superstar resident. I think it would push Avalon into that next realm, I'm not saying it will #1 in the world because to be #1 there are many different things that must go into the formula. But IMO getting themselves a superstar resident is where it is at!

Jessica