Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Virgin

kaydup

I've been wanting to check out this store, so maybe that'll give me something to do tonight! (Good call Drew!)

I'm in desperate need of some new music :blank: I ordered the new(ish) Blank & Jones, Steve Lawler - Dark Drums and the new Chemical Bros CD on Amazon last week, but still haven't gotten it yet.

Anyone have any suggestions on CDs that are out there?? I know the best music can't really be bought at a store, but I don't own a computer (and I have a degree in computer science:tongue: ), and my comp. here at work doesn't have a sound card :mad: So, the music I usually listen to is krusty!!

tonight + :smoke: + Virgin Store + Need of CDs = $$$$$$ ... I'm like a kid in a candy store :D

imo, don't waste your time w/ Virgin, i'll repeat a review i made on the other board:

Upon walking in, I headed straight for the dance section (cause what else matters really ), but before even getting in there I here Das Glokenspiel playing, a good sign I think. The dance section is pretty big, and they had a completely other CD playing there, more on the house side.

Unfortunatly, the cd's were rather expensive and the selection was ok. As for the Vinyl section, well SF, B.B. and Sat. should not be too worried. They had a few good tunes but nothing new and not much at that, I didn't even check out the prices. The one really good thing was the large amount of listening stations available everywhere.

As for the rest of the store, it was alright. Expensive cd's everywhere. I think I'm going to stick to Newbury Comics and the specialty vinyl stores for my needs.

Originally posted by djresident

imo, don't waste your time w/ Virgin, i'll repeat a review i made on the other board:

Upon walking in, I headed straight for the dance section (cause what else matters really ), but before even getting in there I here Das Glokenspiel playing, a good sign I think. The dance section is pretty big, and they had a completely other CD playing there, more on the house side.

Unfortunatly, the cd's were rather expensive and the selection was ok. As for the Vinyl section, well SF, B.B. and Sat. should not be too worried. They had a few good tunes but nothing new and not much at that, I didn't even check out the prices. The one really good thing was the large amount of listening stations available everywhere.

As for the rest of the store, it was alright. Expensive cd's everywhere. I think I'm going to stick to Newbury Comics and the specialty vinyl stores for my needs.

True, true. I like to go to SF for CD's usually and then to Sat. But, I didn't think that the prices were any better at Newbury than Virgin