Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha And Digweed!

mudddogs

<<<<Just wanted to remind everyone that is getting ready for WMC and s&d's new tour wat they are really about,and why they are the best in the world, heres my review of a night out in ibiza this past fall>>>>

Sasha and Digweed @ Space, Sept. 2001

Here's my review of the We Love Sundays at Space party that featured Sasha and Digweed.

"After stumbling to my hotel and going to sleep for about 4 hours, I woke up and headed down to Space. I had already been to Space earlier in my trip but everthing I had read about it or even seen the night I was there could not prepare me for what I witnessed. First of all, the Terrace -- words cannot even begin to describe what it is like but I'll try. Picture a sea of people under a mesh canopy that undulates back and forth as the breeze from the large fans positioned in the corners cools the crowd. The sun is shining, people are happy, there is beautiful house music being spun by the resident Space DJs. Suddenly a cheer erupts as an airplane zooms over the Terrace on its way to deposit more happy clubbers to this paradise of an island.

And just when you think there is nothing better on earth than this place, right now, two familiar figures enter the booth and the crowd erupts into furious applause - Sasha and Digweed, standing side by side. Digweed starts first with a deep house tune that gets the floor pumping. Sasha takes over for the next track and adds a bit of flavor. They go back and forth for about 2.5 hours, each track complimenting the next. Then, Sasha takes over for the home stretch, playing one of his new compositions that can only be described as very retro. Finally, when you think it couldn't get any better, he drops Expander, draining the last bit of energy from the raucous crowd.

It's now midnight and people scatter everywhere. Most, including me, go back inside the club to hear the last of Jimmy Van M. The club is now full of happy people walking and dancing everywhere. Then right at 1AM, Sasha appears again and starts his set. Looking very sinister behind the dark decks, the amber glow of his cigarette illuminating his face, he begins to work his magic. The mood is dark and so is the music -- hard, loud, almost evil. The crowd loves it. He soon gives way to Digweed who proceeds to take it to the next level, culminating in perhaps the best hard trance track I've ever heard.

It's now past 6AM and the duo have no intention of stopping now. Digweed mixes in a few classic tracks from their Northern Exposure sessions and Sasha continues his routine of chain smoking, drinking, and bouncing up and down to indicate a big moment in a track is about to happen.

Finally, a little after 7AM, Sasha decides to again close with Expander, this time extending the song to a full 10 minutes by mixing it with another track. The lights go on as that magical track ends and the crowd bows down to the gods of the decks, having just born witness to perhaps one of the greatest sets ever."

Cya guys at WMC and the new tour!!! :):D:cool: :cool: :)

Finally, a little after 7AM, Sasha decides to again close with Expander, this time extending the song to a full 10 minutes by mixing it with another track. The lights go on as that magical track ends and the crowd bows down to the gods of the decks, having just born witness to perhaps one of the greatest sets ever."

Cya guys at WMC and the new tour!!! :):D:cool: :cool: :)

you remembered all of that...you weren't doing smething right when you were there.

I was partying my ass off in Ibiza but wanted to share it wit ppl who have never been to ibiza or never heard sasha and diggers live, the newbies of the scene, so they can understand wat to expect at the WMC and the new tour, thats all....the truth is that same day i wrote a long ass e-mail to my boys back in the u.s. explaining to them that party so i just copied and pasted everything, im an english major so it wasnt a big deal to write that,its not like i was taking notes while partying in space or anything like that....just sharing some great thoughts about my past,hope to be back in ibiza this summer...