Clubplanet Nightlife Community

5-htp

vicman

Yeah, that's a good question.

I just bought some 5HTPs last weekend and I was planning on just taking them daily. They'll compliment my diet and stackers I take during the week anyhow. But should you 'load up' on em before going out on the weekend, or just take one? I'm betting just one or regularly daily is better.

I read some really good things about 5-HTP loads before and during the roll, apparently with the proper combination of antidepressants and 5-HTP taken with the roll, you can have a guilt free morning and a longer night before. I'll have to try and dig up the article.

Couple months ago before hitting Exit, I took about 5 doses of 5HTP through out the day. One every hour and half or so. By the time I had taken the 4th 5HTP i started feeling nauseaus. I went on to take the fifth and stopped there, about 4 hours before the club. WEll I felt even sicker, mad nasty, but just before I had arrived at the club the sickness had subsided. Felt fine. I took a tripple stack of a quality pill and was ready for a great night. About 2 hours later I end up having to take a real nasty shit. Afterwards everything was fine with no problems at all. I havent noticed any extra kick in my roll or anything. Everything was the way it always is. THe next day I felt worn out like I always have. So the only thing 5htp had done for me is make me feel sick and take a shit.

On the other hand I've been taking one or two daily and definatly noticed an improvment in mood. Its nothing far out, but you know that theres something there. Every now and then I get a nice little rush in my head too, but who knows what crackhead shit thats from. :cool:

Originally posted by individual

Is 5-HTP sold in drugstores under the name "5-HTP" or is it called something else?

You might/might not find it in a drug store. I got mine at Vitamin Shoppe. So prolly any other supplement store will carry it. Mine is branded as: "Vitamin Shoppe 5-HTP".

I got mine at GNC. It was in the Workout Suppliment section. I guess it's primarily marketed for raising metabolism for fat loss. Not that we really need THAT. How many overweight ravers are there anyhow?

I'm just gonna take em every day because I have a desk job. I'll let y'all know in a couple weeks if it seems to make me feel better overall. I can't really tell today because I'm on Day Quill because of some germ I got in Baltimore at 2am Monday.

it really doesnt do much for the roll, It takes the brain quite a while to turn 5-htp into seratonin.

where it does help is for the recovery, if you take a prozac as soon as posible after the roll and a bunch of 5-htp before and after, the recovery is a breeze. Add a xanax to acomplish a good night/day worth of sleep and you are almost 90%

was just gonna say that, u are supposed to take 5-HTP days in advanced, not trying to overload in one day. i dont think it really intensifies the roll at all, just restores the serentonin levels so that you can trip on a less amount. dont take my word for it though, i could be wrong

the reason you felt nausea is because you are only supposed to take 3 50 mg pills a day with meals. you should not go over this recommended dose when you first start because you end up getting sick to your stomach. gradually increase as your body becomes accustomed to it.

Yeah, most things your body is supposed to get used to taking over a period of time.

I read up on 5 HTP at the pharmacy yesterday. There's no defined, solid definitions of what it does, but it's supposed to be usefull for depression and migraines. I didn't know this, but most of the good migraine drugs work by manipulating seratonin. It says Imatrex does, which is the only medicine that really works for mine. That would also explain why I feel so damm good after a migraine! And I always thought it was just because it didn't hurt anymore! :D

It said in the book that the dosages of 5HTP used in the tests was 2 doses of 100 to 200 mg a day, which is way more than it says on the bottle I got.

Oh, it also said it helped a lot with weight loss in some controlled tests, but they don't have any idea why.

Well there you have it! Passing the knowledge savings on to YOU.

Originally posted by scoob-e

the reason you felt nausea is because you are only supposed to take 3 50 mg pills a day with meals. you should not go over this recommended dose when you first start because you end up getting sick to your stomach. gradually increase as your body becomes accustomed to it.

werd..i took 8 last weekend and my tummy was running all Saturday :(

I take 100mg of 5htp at night. It helps me sleep better, and also makes me less hungry. 5HTP is the almon fats find in tuckey. Ever notice when you eat a nice tuckey dinner your stuff? ;5-htp seems to work better for post-load, i have never noticed a different in terms of effects pre-loading with it really, it is mostly psycho-somatic. You could though eat 2 tonight and 2 tommorow morning, but id say thats it really. Try taking them when you start coming down from your roll, like a good 200mg, this will help from being too 8-up. I buy my @ Vitiamin Shopee. I notice they have the best prices. :)