Clubplanet Nightlife Community

It's official

kaydup

Well, let me start with first saying that I know that the song rapture is played out. But, you know that it has been beat to death and then stomped on repeatedly when they play it on Kiss. Just thought that I would share that with you all.:knife:

Kiss plays nothing but the freshest beats :rolleyes:

I heard them play it on a Kiss syndication program (like a "Dance Party Saturday Night" show) a couple of weeks ago and they said it was a "New song from Europe." :blown:

The public will never wake up, and I'm kind of glad they won't... if everyone liked this music I'd probably like it a lot less. Imagine going to Axis to hear a DJ like Howells and seeing a crowd that resembles a Fanuel Hall bar-crowd!?!? That could get me out of club-music real quick!

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Kiss plays nothing but the freshest beats :rolleyes:

I heard them play it on a Kiss syndication program (like a "Dance Party Saturday Night" show) a couple of weeks ago and they said it was a "New song from Europe." :blown:

The public will never wake up, and I'm kind of glad they won't... if everyone liked this music I'd probably like it a lot less. Imagine going to Axis to hear a DJ like Howells and seeing a crowd that resembles a Fanuel Hall bar-crowd!?!? That could get me out of club-music real quick!

Good point that would be scary and annoying

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Imagine going to Axis to hear a DJ like Howells and seeing a crowd that resembles a Fanuel Hall bar-crowd!?!? That could get me out of club-music real quick!

God I hope that never happens. Cause I'm with ya... that would get me out of club music real quick as well

Seriously though, for a major city Boston's radio stations are just PATHETIC. How many fucking classic rock stations can you have!?!

Same Songs + 30 years * half a dozen stations = :blown:

Why are people so afraid to listen to something new?? What are they afraid of?

I used to travel from city to city a lot and everywhere I went the radio was far superior to Boston. There would usually be at least one station I could hack, here there isn't one station I remotely enjoy listening to.

For a city that has so much potential, Boston needs to shape up in a few areas.

Vik, good to see you back again! :tongue:

I know I want to pulling my fucking hair out here at work some times. Because there is usually one fing station on here, and it is the same shit on over and over. God damn Mix, there is no mix on that station. But there is a few of us that are in the office and it is whatever, as long as something is on. But if I hear can't fight the moonlight or that fing smashmouth song again I am going to :blown: my head off

i avoid the radio all together, in DC they all suck. I just have a boom box in my office and bring CD's in or raid my bosses computer and get live feeds from the web, 'cos essentially all radio suck.....except the country stations 'cuz i really dig country :D

It was really weird hearing Rapture on the radio for the first time. Took me a good minute to actually realize that it was on the radio !

The radio does suck, but it's like that everywhere. Atleast there are some good college stations....something a lot of other cities don't have.

That new satellite radio thing might be the way to go. No record companies paying to get their music into heavy rotation as in regular radio. And I can drive from Boston to NY and not have to look for another station :)