Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
magilicuti

I got a NYC Parking Ticket Today

WOAH 18 is a bit much...

...I got one so far...and that was in NYC when I went to visit..!!!! BOO for going on subway w/out paying for subway...but the gate was wide open...then cop stoped us and said that he has to give us a ticket b/c it was monitored but told us to throw it away...:D

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

18 PoinTSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Thats Crazy!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

well i dont have a car here and only insured under my parents in mass. so can somoen explain to me the insurance points here? i am just curious to know.

cuz 18 points in mass is fair. all drivers start at 15 and you can go as low as 8 and as high as 30.

thanks! :D

actually I love getting parking tickets in NYC :) I actually just beat two tickets that I got (my most recent two, one in Manhattan and one on SI) I like to use the 'Hearing by Mail option, works better then showing up sometimes because the judge is in no rush to make a decision and get you out of his face. What was the ticket for? If there are NO SIGNS AT ALL on that entire block then it seems to me like you have an open and shut case, take some pictures, request a hearing by mail, or hearing by phone, send in copies of the pictures, a SIGNED (very important you sign it) statement of why you think your ticket should be dismissed, and send it away. email me if you got any more questions, i get about 5 parking tickets a month, and usually get them all dismissed, but then again I got press tags on my truck ;) so i get away with alot more lol

Bern

Originally posted by berniec

actually I love getting parking tickets in NYC :) I actually just beat two tickets that I got (my most recent two, one in Manhattan and one on SI) I like to use the 'Hearing by Mail option, works better then showing up sometimes because the judge is in no rush to make a decision and get you out of his face. What was the ticket for? If there are NO SIGNS AT ALL on that entire block then it seems to me like you have an open and shut case, take some pictures, request a hearing by mail, or hearing by phone, send in copies of the pictures, a SIGNED (very important you sign it) statement of why you think your ticket should be dismissed, and send it away. email me if you got any more questions, i get about 5 parking tickets a month, and usually get them all dismissed, but then again I got press tags on my truck ;) so i get away with alot more lol

Bern

thanks for the info. i'm definently gonna try that hearing by mail thing.