Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you believe everything happens for reason?

magilicuti

if you haven't already, pick up the book The Celestine Prophecy. It basically explains this theory. For example, say you run into a friend youhaven't seen in like 5 years at the store by chance. they say that person is trying to send you a message or its a pre-empt to a future event, etc.

but yes, i do believe that everything happens for a reason a nd the "i guess it wasn't meant to be" theorems. I dont believe that your life is mapped out for you but i do believe that their is a certain direction or path that everyone follows.

i guess one example is that I was subletting or sharing an apt downtown, and i got screwed over. after alot of bs and drama, i found a 1BR on the UWS and moved out. I moved out two weeks before WTC tragedy -- my old apt was 3 blocks away!

Originally posted by nycchic24

if you haven't already, pick up the book The Celestine Prophecy. It basically explains this theory. For example, say you run into a friend youhaven't seen in like 5 years at the store by chance. they say that person is trying to send you a message or its a pre-empt to a future event, etc.

but yes, i do believe that everything happens for a reason a nd the "i guess it wasn't meant to be" theorems. I dont believe that your life is mapped out for you but i do believe that their is a certain direction or path that everyone follows.

i guess one example is that I was subletting or sharing an apt downtown, and i got screwed over. after alot of bs and drama, i found a 1BR on the UWS and moved out. I moved out two weeks before WTC tragedy -- my old apt was 3 blocks away!

since you were "saved" someone must have a plan for you if what you say is true. what do you do for a living?

Originally posted by magilicuti

since you were "saved" someone must have a plan for you if what you say is true. what do you do for a living?

lol i wouldnt consider myself saved. i guess luck and good timing that i had moved out of that area before 09/11. i dont think my life was on the line living there but if i had still lived thre i would have had to face more obstacles like being homeless for a couple weeks (no elec or running water), the rubble debris and dust (but then again these are just trivial things in comparison to all the lives that were lost ) i mean i am sure everyone has or has heard a story about that day of the "what if"

like for example the CEO that lost almost his entire company. he had walked his kids to the first day of school. he broke down in the interview with connie chung saying that if he hadn't done that, he woudl have been in his office ont heh 103 floor too at that time.

unfortunately some events just cannot be explained or justified with good enough reasoning.

Originally posted by magilicuti

btw i a a buyer for a catalog. i highly doubt that someone or something has plans for me to rock the world by providing teenage girls with jeans or sweaters. lol :tongue:

which also leads me to i guess point b for "everything happens for a reason" i took a year off from school and when iwas about to go back, i rec'd a job offer in the corp office of a retail company. I chose to try the job and if it didnt work then i would go back to school. well it just so happens that everything did work out. my boss actually left after 3 months and i was promoted and running a $2.5 million dept. after other turns of events in the past 5 years (good and bad) i have ended up here in nyc. and most of all i am happy :) If i had chosen to go back to school i dont thnk i would be where i am today

I do belive that everything happens for a reason...When we are born .....we are born with this predetermined fate/destiny, everyone is born with this....some people are more different than the next........but yes i am such a strong believer that everything in life happens for a reason and if things didnt happen then you would not be the person that you are today....so I say yes....;)

Things happen for a reason.

Good things come to those who wait.

Patience is a vurtue.

Once a crackhead always a crackhead.

heh what else is there....what am i missin..

Do you peeps watch Crossing over with that guy.. John Edwards.

:eek:

I'm a bit biased, cause I've been having a bunch of bad luck lately- but no I think that shit just happens cause it happens...i think I'm a pretty nice guy, but for my latest streatch of bad luck-i just went out and bough myself a jet ski (was all nice a happy, got a great deal on it and all, spent ALL of the money i had in saving on it, less then a week later, I'm coming back from driving my girl back to school (being nice again:) ) and crash my truck into a divider on the NJ Turnpike. I wasnt hurt but it was REAL hard to come up with the $$ for the insurance deductable...not to mention that my insurance will probably be canceled in a few months, cause this was my second claim this year (truck got keyed a few months back-yet another example of back luck)

Now you see how the black cloud follows me :)

~~~ everything definetely happens for a reason........i truly believe in it........and that is why i never regret anything i do..........i was meant to do so thats why it was done........also if something is meant to be be it'll happen so u just need to let things go through their course.........easier said than done btw!!! i always want everything rite away:mad:

I am going to get ripped for this one......

I sort of believe that there is a reason things happen, meaning there is a governing body controlling it, hence a belief of mine in God or a God.

This is all strange because I don't believe in religion and I think it is the stupidist thing ever and religious zealouts are foolish. I also believe it is the root of 90% of the strife in this world, but that is a different topic.

I can't explain it in words, but in a nut shell, there is just too much coincidencies to not prove karma.