Clubplanet Nightlife Community

True Story

naomi1

Sad story but very heart warming!!

A Great Miracle Happened Here

A story of courage and integrity

In light of the Palestinian suicide attacks in the news, I thought you would appreciate reading this about the aftermath of one of the terrorist' attacks. Especially the part about the Arab doctors that I have bolded.

Not all Palestinians/Arabs are terrorists. It is so important to remember that.

I leave for Israel to see my son and his family next week. I pray that we will meet Arabs like the 2 doctors mentioned in this true story, and not the terrorists.

Recently we have been in communication with Ron and Elise Gould, the parents of Shayna Gould. While this name may not be familiar to you now, it will be after you read the following letter from her parents to our Executive Director on their daughter's story.

Dear Mr. Kenzer,

Twelve days ago, our daughter Shayna was shot in the chest by a terrorist on a Jerusalem street. She was an innocent girl waiting for a bus to take her back to school. Today, thank God, she is being released from the hospital.

No cause in the world can justify what has happened. Acts of terrorism in Israel and throughout the world should not be tolerated and cannot be tolerated.

We would like to thank those who have done so much for Shayna and for our family. We literally owe Shayna's life to Magen David Adom and Shaare Zedek Medical Center.

We have endless gratitude to the Magen David Adom paramedics and doctors who made the crucial decision to go to Shaare Zedek, and worked on Shayna all the way there, and the driver who radioed ahead to the hospital and made sure the surgical staff would be ready for her. Their efforts were above and beyond all expectations, and they have visited Shayna in the hospital several times. It's not just a job for them, they truly do care.

Thank you to Shaare Zedek's Dr. Maher Deeb and Dr. Shuli Silberman who were able to revive a girl who came in with no pulse at all. Their skill literally brought her back to life on their operating table.

The absolute determination of Dr. Salah Odetallah in the Cardiac Unit to keep Shayna alive and return her to health was incredible. He treated Shayna as if she was his own daughter.

We must point out the Dr. Deeb and Dr. Salah (as he is known) are both Arabs, and that no one should use what happened to Shayna to condemn an entire people. These two doctors are angels sent by God.

We cannot thank the nursing staff and support staff enough for their help and their care. Their devotion to Shayna's care never stopped a moment.

The entire staff of Shaare Zedek "adopted" Shayna and our whole family. The genuine concern they have show us has been wonderful. The situation we are in has indeed been difficult. However, everyone has gone out of their way to make things easier for us.

Lastly, We want to thank the hundreds of people, in Israel, the Chicagoland area and around the world, who have prayed for Shayna's recovery. It has been a real difference during this difficult time.

Shayna still has a lengthy recovery ahead of her, but what is most important is that she is alive and, with God's help, will make a full recovery. It is because of all these people whom I have mentioned, people who put caring into practice, the Shayna has the rest of her life to look forward to. As we leave Shaare Zedek today, we can say "A great miracle happened here."

Ron & Elise Gould

February 12, 2002